Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

how to get previous version of xfinity email back

Frequent Visitor

how to get previous version of xfinity email back

I would like to request getting the old email version back on my account.  The new version has a number of issues that need correcting, and I am not able to get a response from Comcast support as to what, if anything, they are doing for fix some of the issues.   Can someone tell me how to do this. Thank you

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: how to get previous version of xfinity email back

Unfortunately, you can't.  Once migrated, you're stuck with it.  However, you can download and install a free email client, which downloads your mail to your machine for better security.  They also have way more features than Comcast's or any other webmail.  Thunderbird by Mozella is my choice, but if you google it, you'll find a host of others. 

Email Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Spoke with someone at support.  I was told my issue about sorting is something they are working on.  No date when it will be fixed, but my suggestion for keeping good "customer support" relations is for COMCAST to send an email to all the folks in the area where the new roll-out took place.  Explain the problems they are working on, and give a reasonable date to be complete.  This could work well to "calm the storm" and frankly I feel this type of response is the decent thing when they inconvenience their customer base.  Hopefully they are working full time on this!

Contributor

I too dislike the new version they roled out. In fact I was right in the middle of replying when poof... My draft wasn't saved and the attachment the sender sent me disappeared as well. My other complaint is everything is slower... downloading - openning photos 2-3 mb takes 30 seconds or more than the previous 1-2 seconds. There's a couple other concerns as well. Very unhappy.

Only big plus is the 1-click vs 2 when openning an email. Also my other sub accounts are not effected. So I'm curious what's the deal here?