Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

how do i make comcast mail my default on windows 10

Regular Visitor

how do i make comcast mail my default on windows 10

When I want to email an aritcle or picture off the internet, it always opens up with Windows Live as my email provider.And then it won't send because of something wrong with Outlook. I want to make my Comcast email my default email for everything. But, when I go to settings to change my default, there is no option to choose Comcast - only Windows Live. Does anyone know how to change this?

Email Expert

Re: how do i make comcast mail my default on windows 10

Do you mean you have Windows Live Mail on your computer?  If so, it's detecting it as the default email program whenever you try to use a "mailto:" type link at a website.  If you don't want to use WLM, disable it in your computer settings.  You should also remove the Comcast account from it.  Windows 10 comes bundled with an email app just called "Mail".  You can use that with the Comcast account, or you could download Mozilla Thunderbird.  In order to use the Comcast account as the mailto: default, it has to be enabled in such a desktop client.  Comcast is webmail, the same as Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook.com etc.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon