Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

facebook e-mail

New Poster

facebook e-mail

My FB was hacked and they changed my comast e-mail address.   When I try to reset my password, the 6 digit code is never received by me!   They changed the address to ******@e***********.com    and mine ends in .net and there is no e after the "@".   Needless to say, I am so frustrated.   I am still receiving all of my e-mails from friends, stores, etc, so I know my e-mail is working.   The code is just going somewhere else.   Should I just set up a new comcast account and then a new FB account?   I'm just wondering if it is just a matter of time before they hack into my e-mail account.

Service Expert

Re: facebook e-mail

Stotz32 wrote:

My FB was hacked and they changed my comast e-mail address.   When I try to reset my password, the 6 digit code is never received by me!   They changed the address to ******@e***********.com    and mine ends in .net and there is no e after the "@".   Needless to say, I am so frustrated.   I am still receiving all of my e-mails from friends, stores, etc, so I know my e-mail is working.   The code is just going somewhere else.   Should I just set up a new comcast account and then a new FB account?   I'm just wondering if it is just a matter of time before they hack into my e-mail account.

Have you asked Facebook support about this?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: facebook e-mail

FB doesn't seem to talk directly to their customers.  I have e-mailed back and forth with them.  They refer to several online links to help remedy the situation.  However, there is nothing online that tells you what to do if your e-mail was changed and you can't receive the code!