Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

extra line spacing

New Poster

extra line spacing

when i hit the return key while typing text within a comcast email, it inserts an extra line space (when viewed by recipient).  how do i correct this?  thanks

Email Expert

Re: extra line spacing

There is no way for you to adjust line spacing in Comcast webmail.  It sounds like the recipient's email service or program in rendering the formatting differently.  I'm curious, what domain is the recipient using?  Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, something else?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This is a highly annoying change from the prior mail client. Messages composed normally now look shabby/unprofessional.

New Poster

I finally found a solution based on another user's response to a different question.  Instead of hitting the return key to get to the next line, you have to hit shift/return. An extra space between the lines will not be added. If you want one space between paragraphs, then you would hit shift/return twice.  

New Poster

The shift-return option proposed above works - but since there's no evidence on the screen that you actually hit the shift key this doesn't seem to be a good solution to me - you won't be able to predict what the recipient will see with any certainty.  I like spacing between paragraphs, and the only solution I can see that has no risk of screw-up is to compose an email without spaces and let the system enter them for you.  If you dn't like spaces between paragraphs you'll have to use the shift-return.  Grade F beta testing.  FYI, I just spent far too long on the comcast prolonged-pain-no-help line and the nice gal on their end told me she couldn't even replicate the problem - said it looked great to her from one end to the other - and if that's true there's little hope of ever solving this bone-headed problem.  (That was a second-level person, unbelievably the first-level wasn't even capable of sending an email to herself to test it.)

New Poster

Funny, I got to this thread because I was finally irritated enough to try to find out the solution to this pesky problem. I use mac OS and Safari and although I haven't tried I wonder if it's a function of the browser? Anyway, I sent myself mail to another account where I use Outlook on Windows and sure enough there are two lines per paragraph. Again, really irritating. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation