New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

exporting my address book

ANSWERED
New Poster

exporting my address book

How do I export my xfinity address book?

Accepted Solution

Re: exporting my address book

If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Address Book, and on the landing page you will see "Export All".  Click on that and follow the prompts.  If you are on the new format, the ability to export has been taken down due to a bug in the software.  There is no date it is expected to be back up yet.

View answer in context
Email Expert

If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Address Book, and on the landing page you will see "Export All".  Click on that and follow the prompts.  If you are on the new format, the ability to export has been taken down due to a bug in the software.  There is no date it is expected to be back up yet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

"If you are on the new format, the ability to export has been taken down due to a bug in the software.  There is no date it is expected to be back up yet."

It's 2 months later and this is STILL NOT FIXED? Is there 1 person supporting webmail in India? How complicated a fix could this be? I am a programmer, this can't be that hard. Unacceptable. I am trying to use Outlook and now I can't bring my contacts in from webmail. It's like Comcast does not want anybody to use that, Thunderbird, or any other e-mail client, just their crappy webmail and iPhone app.

Latoque, I don't mean this to vent at you, but at corporate.

New Poster

solved link solves nothing.  there is no export option for address book 5/29/17

Regular Contributor

It is now well over four months and this function still isn't fixed. How hard can this be to patch? If I let a fix slide this long, I would be fired.

New Poster

Agree, ridiculous situation. Best alternative I can find is the 'Print All' page (https://calendar.comcast.net/ab/contactList/printAllContacts/), copying to text file/spreadsheet and manually transforming. Better than sitting around hoping for a fix.

New Poster

I too have been fighting this battle, Agree it has taken way way too long. I have over 500 contacts that I want to import them into outlook without having to manually enter them one by one. Not happy with the rest of you.

New Poster

Here is a solution I found using outlook 2016. Its not the easiest but since xfinity wants to stop us for doing this, try this.

Go to your comcast email and open the address book.

Select 18 max addresses (cant do more than 20 at a time)

To the right of the trashcan there is a menue icon, select it.

Select copy as VCF card.

Send your self an email to your outlook account.

Open the email in outlook and save the attachments somewhere. I saved under outlook under documents.

In outlook go to file - Import/Export - Import .VCF file

Select the location of the vcf files you saved.

You can only select one at a time to import.

Wala it is your address book.

Like I said its not the easiest but it works, if i could figure out how to select more than one at a time it would be easy.

Regular Contributor

soo how does one revert back to the "old" email format??

Regular Contributor

I doubt that is goinb to happen.

Please someone from Comcast or e-mail experts, please address this issue.5 months?

Email Expert

BLUEBIRD1028 wrote:

soo how does one revert back to the "old" email format??

Once your account has been migrated, you cannot revert to the old one.  As for the export issue, Comcast has not provided any expected fix date so far.  The same applies to the print function in the address book.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thanks for responding. I know you have no control over this issue that has been going on now for almost 6 months. Comcast really needs to learn how to take care of their customers. This is so unacceptable for the vast majority of those who rely on their contacts especially for work. Simply unacceptable......

New Poster

Thank you!  This did the trick!  But I didn't save the .vcf files as documents - instead I double clicked each individually, Outlook opened them as contacts and jus saved each one. (This is a reply to Jer11's post of 6/20/17)

Regular Visitor

Has anyone figured this out yet?  I can't wait to get away from Xfinity mail, but I'm not re=typing 500 contaccts, and I don't have time to create files 15 at a time.  

Regular Contributor

NO SOLUTION