Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

emails will not open

New Poster

emails will not open

I have been having this problem since Saturday.  I've contacted support twice- they just insist it is on my end.  Ignoring the many open forums in the last 3 days.  The only way I can view the emails is to open them using xfinity "lite" but then there is a pop up add showing up on the left instead of the right.  It never goes away and is covering several buttons- new, delete, inbox,  etc...

New Poster

Re: emails will not open

I'm having this issue too!!  Any help found?

New Poster

I just get the spinning dots...wife is super frustrated. Not good for me. We can open emails on phones and desktop, but not laptop where the docs are she needs. Help!

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Do you use Firefox?  There was a Firefox update this weekend (Friday?). I had the same problem some time ago when Mozilla updated Firefox, but I can't remember what the solution was!

New Poster

I've been having this problem since late last week also, and I've tried several versions of Firefox plus IE8 and Chrome, on multiple machines including Linux.   So I'm very skeptical that this on the user end.

New Poster

I too am having the problem of emails not opening on my laptop. They open on my desktop and my phone but not laptop. I can see them, I can delete them, I can move them, but not open and read them!!

Anybody know what is causing this?

Regular Visitor

I just got a Dell with windows 10.  I can pull up comcast main page, sign in to e-mail but when i click on email, all I get is  spinning circle  I don't know how to make it open my emails and I don't know what Comcast "lite" is or how to turn it on.  I can open my emails on my smart phone.  THIS IS FRUSTRATING. Can anyone help me?

Gold Problem Solver

To check if you are using a Full or Lite version of XC:

open XC and click on Preferences.  Next click on the GENERAL icon.  A window will open showing which version you are using.  Yiu can change the version from that window.

I haven't installed Win 10 yet, so I don't know if this could be related to the new browser it uses.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.