Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

emailed hacked

New Poster

emailed hacked

My email was hacked and has been sending bad emails for the past three months.  I've tried changing my password but it hasn't stopped.  Can you stop it?

Email Expert

Re: emailed hacked

There's a couple of things that could be going on here. First, look in your Sent folder. Do you see anything in there you know you didn't send out yourself? If so, then yes, your account has likely been compromised. In that case, changing your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now would usually stop it. Also change the secret question and answer for the account. Then run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.

The other likely scenario is that your email address is being "spoofed". Spammers can make it appear as though emails come from you when in fact they did not. If that is the case, then there is nothing to do but wait it out.  You could also call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon