Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email

New Poster

email

email ---- after changing my email accounts from POP3 to IMAP I can send and recieve on my computer, but I can only recieve on my iphone -- when I try to send it says my username has been rejected by the server - when I look in iphone settings, my outgoing server is still SMTP - however, if I try to change it to IMAP, my iphone frezes in "Verifying Accout" loop and I must do a master reset to become operational again --- any ideas ???

Email Expert

Re: email

On the phone in iOS, you need to change the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing smtp server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the smtp server;

go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to" Mail, Contacts, Calendars", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net". On the next screen you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon