Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email wont send

New Poster

email wont send

i have outgoing messages and the server is rejecting my emaiil account which is paid up and active. what is wrong?
Service Expert

Re: email wont send

Which email client are you using?
Are you getting an error message? If so, post the entire message. Many things can cause your issue, more info is needed.
Is this something that all of a sudden started happening?
Have you tried rebooting your computer, then opening your mail client to see if they will send?

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 04-03-200712:05 PM

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Read this.
Frequent Visitor

Change the port to 587.  Change "my server requires authentication" to checked.

make sure your outgoing mail server is still smtp.comcast.net

thats all their is to it

Edit..   If your account was suspended for any reason, when comcast reopens it it only does the primary account automaticly activated.  Sometimes the secondarys are left in suspended status.  You might need to call and have them reactivated.

Message Edited by chris-taylor on 04-03-200706:53 PM

Regular Visitor

I had a block put on my Eudora account but they told me to use the one click fix but it didn't work for Eudora. I also call them but they never called me back. I can get the mail in but can't send it from Eudora but can send and receive it in Outlook Express. How can I get Eudora to work?
Networking Expert

Off the top of my head, I don't see how they can block Eudora but not OE, assumign they are using similar settings.  My guess is you have something wrong with your Eudora setup.  check your SMTP (outgoing mail) settings against those in OE.  Betcha something's different, like using 465 with authentication turned off, 465 with no SSL/TLS, etc.or it may be as simple as you've misspelled the server name.  If you need help, post the exact error you're getting and your outgoing mail options from both programs.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

<Dominant> SSL  1 message to send, mail from****    There has been a error transferring your mail.  I said  MAIL FROM ******  and then the SMTP server (smtp.comcast.net)  said  530 Authentication required.
But I have it checked to authentication.....
Someone said I was sending spam and then they blocked. Now I can only use Outlook Express and it does work but can't get Eudora 7.0 to send out.
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Chris.  That _is_ the fix.  But why is the default SMTP port now changed to 587?  I never received any notice of this changing.  Very bad that I must find this out in this manner.  Sloppy CS.

Frequent Visitor

deadsenator, I agree... I just found out and figured it out after trouble shooting my network at home for the last 2 days.  I also did not receive any type of notification (formal or not) that comcast was going to start blocking port 25, which is the default port used for sending email; port 587 or port 465 are not default ports for sending mail.

tomorrow morning I will be calling them and hopefully I can find something out from someone who actually knows something and not someone who is looking at 5x3 cards...

Networking Expert

deadsenator wrote:
Thanks, Chris.  That _is_ the fix.  But why is the default SMTP port now changed to 587?  I never received any notice of this changing.  Very bad that I must find this out in this manner.  Sloppy CS.

The default port is NOT changed to 587, that's just one of the ports that works.  Something with wrong with your original configuration and location combination.  There's nothing sinister going on here.  Sending to smtp.comcast.net on port 25 works fine.  If you want to use 465 or 587, then you have to use SSL and turn on authentication.  Note that you can still use 25 with or without SSL, with or without authenitication.  The authentication and encryption become requirements when you try to send via smtp.comcast.net from the outside world, off Comcast's own network. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Baric,

Can you elaborate on your post?  Port 25 is dead on several computers in my house and all were working fine a couple of days ago.  Suddenly they all went kapoot as far as sending email at the same time.

I primarily use ComCast to send/receive my main email traffic, however, i also host my own web-site through a web-hosting site.  I can not send out of their server on port 25 on any of my home computers either.  It definitely appears to me that something has changed on ComCast's end within the last couple of days.  If I have to guess, I would say that ComCast has decided to block port 25 forcing their users to use custom ports.  This isn't a new concept with ISPs, SBC did the same a while back as I recall.

Anyway, hopefully I will find out tomorrow when I call them up.

Networking Expert

abbieray wrote:
<Dominant> SSL  1 message to send, mail from****    There has been a error transferring your mail.  I said  MAIL FROM ******  and then the SMTP server (smtp.comcast.net)  said  530 Authentication required.
But I have it checked to authentication.....
Someone said I was sending spam and then they blocked. Now I can only use Outlook Express and it does work but can't get Eudora 7.0 to send out.

You're not blocked, not with 530 Authentication required.  What it means is that you have eudora configured to send messages without authentication (in spite of how you think you have it configured ;-)) and your connection type is requiring you to authenticate first.

I don't know how you have Eudora setup, but I recommend you use port 587, STARTLS and Allow Authenication.  All can be set ont he Sending Mail options page if you use the proper trick.  See this very useful Comcast FAQ on how to do it:

I don't know why smtp.comcast.net is requiring authentication, but that is usually reserved for when you are outside the Comcast network. Or you're trying to use 465 or 587.  Occasionaly, Comcast makes a silly mistake and decides that your Comcast assigned IP address is someone on the outside, for this and basic security I recommend you set your client up like that FAQ lays out.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

smtp.comcast.net on port 25 with/without authentication fails .  for now I all read started using 587 just to get emails out, I still need 25 working in order to utilize my hosting sites email address that I set up...  Anyways, we all ready have a trouble ticket open with comcast's upper levels so we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Networking Expert

AJMaske wrote:
Baric,

Can you elaborate on your post?  Port 25 is dead on several computers in my house and all were working fine a couple of days ago.  Suddenly they all went kapoot as far as sending email at the same time.

I primarily use ComCast to send/receive my main email traffic, however, i also host my own web-site through a web-hosting site.  I can not send out of their server on port 25 on any of my home computers either.  It definitely appears to me that something has changed on ComCast's end within the last couple of days.  If I have to guess, I would say that ComCast has decided to block port 25 forcing their users to use custom ports.  This isn't a new concept with ISPs, SBC did the same a while back as I recall.

I can think of several reasons that can happen:

1. Your firewall or virus scanner is misconfigured and blocking your access to the outside world on port 25.  This happens a lot, especially with tools like NAV and active email scanning.  Check your settings.
2. Your cable modem has a port 25 block on it.  This is unlikely as Comcast is certainly smart enough to include ports 465 and 587 as well in any bootfile block, (on further reflection I think they would only block the port being used for spam, so this is more likely than I initially thought) but it's possible.  This can be triggered by your system sending spam knowingly or unknowingly due to an infection.
3. Your router is misconfigured and blocking access to port 25.  Many routers are capable of this level of filtering.  It's used to restrict what local users can and can't do.

I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I can come up with several more, but I think you get the point.  You'll notice I did NOT mention Comcast doing something as profoundly stupid as blocking port 25 system wide, and worse yet doing it without telling anyone.  Comcast is many things, not all of them pleasant, but even they wouldn't do something that would break the email of millions of their customers.  The support calls alone would bury them.  If they had done this, I can pretty much guarantee this forum's post total would skyrocket pretty much instantly.  Which it hasn't done.  Stick around till a real email problem happens and you'll see what I mean.

Message Edited by Baric on 04-06-2007 03:16 PM

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Networking Expert

AJMaske wrote:
smtp.comcast.net on port 25 with/without authentication fails
Whatever problem is causing this, it's very likely local to your system or caused/triggered by something you're doing.  I just configured windows Mail to use port 25 with and without authentication, with and without SSL, works like a champ.  Just checking to make sure I'm not all wet.

It might be helpful if you posted the actual errors you're getting, we might recognize the problem and be able to point you at a fix/solution.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I've been having the same problem here, and nothing on my system (MacOSX, Thunderbird client) has changed.  Everything else works--I can access web sites, download email through IMAP--but smtp.comcast.net (port 25) refuses to respond.  When I try to send something, it just sits there for several minutes, then gives up.

Doesn't work when you try to contact the server directly, either:

telnet smtp.comcast.net 25
Trying 204.127.225.17...
telnet: connect to address 204.127.225.17: Operation timed out
Trying 206.18.177.17...

Doesn't give you the welcome message you'd expect.

I'd say something is wrong on Comcast's end.
Regular Visitor

Baric, I use T-bird and nothing has changed on my end.  Not any of my hardware or software.  Looked at the settings and nothing seems out of place.  Worked fine a few days ago.  Tried telnetting (to four of the SMTP servers) as another has mentioned and nothing.  Time out.

The only thing I can think of is that I had been working on a friends (infected) computer which looks like it had a spam relay installed on it.  I had it fixed pretty quickly, but it's possible that it was on the (perimeter) wire long enough to try spamming, but it would not have used Comcast's SMTP server (as it is a dialup box by default).

I realize that you have been able to set it up, but it seems odd that others are experiencing this same issue.

Frequent Visitor

I'm using Outlook 2003, the application reports it can see the server but cannot connect... sounds like a port issue to me...  I can ping the server and get a healthy response.

New Poster

Comcast starting blocking port 25 in and out a few days ago. I wish someone from Comcast would tell us what is going on.
Frequent Visitor

I just got of the phone with ComCast Tech Support (1st level)... Apparently they are blocking port 25 on specific accounts due to increase volume of spam...  I couldn't question the person I spoke to cause their not technically savy enough to answer at that level.  I know for one that no one within my house hold is "sending" spam, now we may be "receiving" quite a bit of it but that would be port 110 - which still works.  I have an open ticket for the next level supervisor to contact me which hopefully will be within 24-48 hours....

And no.  There was no notification sent to the affected customer's.

Okay... I have to apologize and edit this post, ComCast did send a notification message... my firewall software recognized it as SPAM and placed it into the SPAM folder.   I don't get many of them so I rarely check the folder... I just find it a little ironic how ComCast states that spam is being sent from one my computers in the house and the email they notify me with is in itself identified as SPAM... 

Message Edited by AJMaske on 04-06-200709:56 AM

Networking Expert

This sounds like a port block and it was probably caused when you had your friends infected computer hooked up to your network.  The spam doesn't have to be directed at Comcast's SMTP server to be detected.

In a previous message I told another user this type of port block is was possbile but unlikely, but on further reflection it makes much more sense.  Why block 465 or 587 when there's no spam being sent on those ports?

Go talk to Comcast and tell them you've taken care of the problem and to unblock port 25 for you.  Better yet, continue to use port  587, it's the up and coming port for email submission.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I just want to say that yesterday the same problem started occurring on my e-mail account when trying to send.  I have tried sending from both Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express 6.  In fact, the trouble began around 1:30 pm Mountain time - prior to that I could send without problems.  I have tried using port 587 and 25, and neither works.  The most recent error I received (Outlook Express) is:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL), No: Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  It is a pain to have to utilize the webmail feature and cut/paste my outgoing messages.

Thanks,

Kathy
Networking Expert

Yep, sounds like a Port 25 block.    If you're not doing any spamming, check your system for infection as a spam cannon, or another computer on your local network (kid's machine, SO's, etc).  This type of block is usually configured in your cable modem so it targets and effects all computers behind your cable modem.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Baric - this is just so strange since it started out of nowhere...  I'll check my cable modem and see if there's anything going on there (and if my kid's been spamming I'll kill her...)  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I am convinced that this was the problem.  I found an email that Comcast sent me in my spam bucket with raw HTML, so it is hard to read, but it looks like they detected spamming right about the time I was working on that infected computer.  I had to get it online to download virus defs and spyware tools and I am sure it was doing it's spamming then.  Ok, looks like I've discovered the issue.  I guess I can leave it as port 587.  No big deal I guess, as long as it works.  Thanks, Baric.

Networking Expert

AJMaske wrote:

Okay... I have to apologize and edit this post, ComCast did send a notification message... my firewall software recognized it as SPAM and placed it into the SPAM folder.   I don't get many of them so I rarely check the folder... I just find it a little ironic how ComCast states that spam is being sent from one my computers in the house and the email they notify me with is in itself identified as SPAM... 

Message Edited by AJMaske on 04-06-200709:56 AM

Ah, that starts to make sense.  Do they cite as an example what's being sent as spam?  I'm sure what ever they are using to detect spamming is not prefect, you might have been detected in error if you're SURE no-one on your network is spamming (even unknowingly as an infection).  Depending on what kind of router your have and whether it's keeping a log, you might be able to see who's doing the majority of traffic on port 25 and you can take a closer look at that system.  If your were detected incorrectly, your best bet is to convince Comcast of this through that open supervisor ticket.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Incidentally, I highly recommend AVG and Spybot, which are free.  With Spybot, it is critical to use Teatimer.  This prevents any registry changes that you are not initiating.  If my friends computer had that installed, it would not have been all garfed up like it was.

Folks, check any kids computer on your network.  Who knows where they surf and when they click "Yes".....

Thanks again.

Networking Expert

kmblush wrote:
Baric - this is just so strange since it started out of nowhere...  I'll check my cable modem and see if there's anything going on there (and if my kid's been spamming I'll kill her...)  Thanks.

I doubt you'll be able to see anything when you go look at your cable modem's settings at http://192.168.100.1, but it's worth a try.  Most cable modems will only give you basic information on connection stats, error logs, etc.  They don't usually give you details on the contents of the bootfile (other than it's name) that gets downloaded into your modem by Comcast.  But the name might be a clue.  Others here have confirmed they got a message from Comcast if they instituted a port block.  Check your email client's trash and spam folders, alot of folks mark messages from Comcast as Junk (since so many of them are), and this might have gone where the rest went.  This message would probably have been sent to the Primary account, so if you don't routinely use that account, give it a look.

And I would definitely check your daughter's computer.  If it is spamming, chances are she doesn't even know it, most spam cannons are the result of a hijacking by some piece of malware the user ran thinking it was something else.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well, I have the primary account and I know I haven't received anything from Comcast.  Like I said, this just came out of the blue - I was logged on all day yesterday working from home, and was able to send/received up until about 1:00 or so Mountain time.  After that, I could only receive.  I'm not sure what is going on, but it is so frustrating...
Networking Expert

Yeah, when things stop working and you didn't change anything, it gets under your skin real fast.  As a workaround (consider doing this permanently), use 587, SSL on, Authentication on.  But do check your daughter's computer.  Also check your Screened Mail folder on Comcast Webmail, they may be detecting their own messages as spam Smiley Happy.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

There's nothing in the Screened Mail folder... Yup - I sure do love it when everything comes to a screeching halt without warning.   I do appreciate your advise, and I'm going to double check my settings now to make everything that should be enabled is enabled.  Again, thanks for your help (and moral support).
Most Valued Poster

All,

I would just like to jump in here and add some clarification - Comcast does block Port 25 on an account by account basis.  This is done when a particular account has been identified as sending Spam.  As Baric points out, this is almost always the result of an infected computer and the customer almost always has no idea that this is even happening.  Once a Port 25 block has been placed on the account, it is usually never removed.  If you have specific circumstances that require the use of this port, please contact us and we will evaluate the request.  The preferred alternative is to use Port 587 with authentication.

And while I realize that some of you would like to see a blanket Port 25 block put in place, this is not something we are looking at doing at this time.  This is certainly something that we will continue to evaluate.

As time permits, I will see if I can verify for some of the posters in this thread if they have in fact received the Port 25 block.
Frequent Visitor

Michael,

I would appreciate knowing if I have a Port 25 block.  On the other hand, I have changed my setting to use Port 587 for outbound and that isn't working either.

Kathy
Networking Expert

kmblush wrote:

I have changed my setting to use Port 587 for outbound and that isn't working either. 

Hmmm, that would suggest your problem is something other than a port block as long as you also turned on authentication.  Can you give us a rundown of exact settings you're using and the exact error message you get when you try to send?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Sure thing - be prepared as I overwhelm you with information...  First, I feel I must preface this with the information that the problems occur using both Outlook Express and Outlook 2002.  I have tried contacting the help desk, but that has been a lot of non-help.  So, here are my settings for both applications:

From the Servers tab of the account properties:

Incoming server is POP3
Incoming mail (POP3):  mail.comcast.net
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.comcast.net
My server requires authentication and it is set to use the same setting as my incoming server.

From the Advanced tab of the account properties:

Outgoing mail (SMTP): 587
Not selected:  This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
Incoming Mail (POP3):  110
Not selected:  This server requires a secure connection (SSL)

Let me know if you need to know about any other settings.

The last time I tried to send - using Outlook Express - I received the following message:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

In looking through my messages, the last successful send was at 8:45am on 4/4 - after that nothing has been sent.

Again, I appreciate you looking into this... I'm about ready to scream this is so frustrating!
Networking Expert

I'd make these changes:

1. Turn on SSL for both incoming and outgoing servers
2. Change the incoming (POP3) port to 995 (this should happen automatically when you select SSL on this server).

See if that helps.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well, I tried again - set SSL for both send and receive and even went so far as rebooting my PC...  unfortunately, nothing has helped.  I can still receive but cannot send.  This is the most recent error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Networking Expert

What about your firewall or virus scanner?  Make sure they are configured to do NO email scanning.  Better yet, turn them off temporarily as a test.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No go... my firewall is off, port 587 is open, and no e-mail scanning is going on.  Like I said before, this is so strange as no configuration changes have been made to my PC; the ability to send just stopped.  I have been in tuoch with the Comcast help desk, and they've recommended I try their live chat - but I can't connect to that website.  I'm about ready to toss the PC in the trash.  Sigh.
Networking Expert

Smiley Happy

Let's reserve judgement on the "it's not my firewall or virus scanner" thing, too many times it's exactly that even when you didn't change anything (these guys love to auto-update in the background and not tell you).

To get the bottom of this problem, I say let's to straight to the horse's mouth and see the actual conversation that's going on between OE and smtp.comcast.net.  If you go into OE, and select Tools -> Options -> Maintenance tab. down near the botton of the dialog is a section called Troubleshooting.  Checking any of these protocols will generate a logfile containing the actual commands that go back and forth between OE and Comcast.  If you check Mail and then hit OK, try and send a message.  When it fails, use the Search function on the Start menu to find the file called "smtp.log".  I'm tempted to say just post it, but it can contain personal information you might not want seen by the world at large.  So you have a couple of options here:

1. Just post it anyway, so what if folks find your email address?  Personally I think of my email address as public information, it's no good if others don't know it.  Comcast's spam system works very well for me so junk is kept to a very low level.
2. Santize the file in Notepad (or your editor of choice), removing anything you don't want seen and then post it.  Be careful if you do this so you don't remove an important bit of information about the problem.
3. Send it directly to me.  I can be reached at baric@comcast.net  and others here can tell you I'm a nice guy (really, stop laughing!)  I promise not to disclose anything I see there Smiley Wink
4. Try to figure out the problem yourself.
5. Have a friend you trust look at the file.

One other thing to check and it's a long shot, but there have been instances of malware updating your system's HOSTS file and putting in a spoof for your mail server so all your mail goes to this other system.  Look for an "smtp.comcast.net" entry in your HOST file, which is usually found at: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.  This is just a plain text file, it will load fine in Notepad or whatever.  If you find such an entry remove it and restart OE and try again.  And then we have the whole issue of findng out what added it, which is something best discussed in the Security forum.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I called my ISP(Penn State) this morning and now I can send and receive email. For some reason Comcast did block it some how but now my Eudora does work and Comcast is not the ISP.
They said they took me in the back door. I did have to change the port and a few other settings but when I set up my Eudora account it was with Penn State and never with Comcast then on Monday Comcast blocked it and I had to go through them. I guess I am not very good at telling you all what happen but it is up and going again....thanks everyone for you help.
Most Valued Poster

abbieray,

Thank you for posting an update.  I am glad to hear that you got things working again.  To confirm, I checked your account and we did in fact block Port 25.  You should be able to use any SMTP service available to you (including smtp.comcast.net), as long as, you connect on an alternate Port (465 or 587).
Regular Visitor

Thank You Michael I needed you Monday
I am not good a saying what happen. I don't think I was sending spam.I know nothing about ports really I don't know much except I love sending emails.
Guess I better learn fast to keep up!!!
New Poster

Hello Michael,

The same thing happened to me about a month ago and I have been racking my brians on why my emails have not been going through to my mail server with my hosting account.  I have been using port 25 as well.

Apparently, by readint his post I will need to use port 587.  So does this mean that I will need to ask my hosting company to allow port 587 or is it automatically open?  Also, I'm not sure what authentication means?  Is this SSL?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jim
Networking Expert

See the third post from the top of this thread by EarlyOut?  Very explicit directions.  Where he says 465, 587 will also work.

As for your hosting company, you'll have to ask them.  If they will only allow SMTP over port 25, then you're alternative is to just send your outgoing mail via Comcast's smtp.comcast.net on port 465 or 587.  As long as you authenticate using your Comcast id, it will work just fine.

Message Edited by Baric on 04-10-2007 09:13 PM

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Ridleyjim,

I checked your account and we have not blocked Port 25.  Something else is going on with your connection.  You may want to try and use the settings in this thread to see if that makes a difference.
New Poster

Everyone,

I experienced the same problem. No changes and one day the wife's laptop and my pc would not send mail using Outlook 2003. I went to the thread that Micheal has attached and sure enough it worked perfectly. Thanks everyone for the help.

Joe
Email Expert

JoeRed wrote:
Everyone,

I experienced the same problem. No changes and one day the wife's laptop and my pc would not send mail using Outlook 2003.
This comment is not directed specifically at Joe, but rather at everyone who states that they did not make any changes and something happened.  Many (hopefully all) people have antivirus, antispam, antiadware, antispam and other security programs installed and set to update automatically.  Those automatic updates can often be the source of changes that are made unbeknownst (Ok, so I read too much Jane Austen) to the users. So while you may not have made any changes yourself, this does not mean something didn't change in your settings or registry.  Just a heads up.

mady
>

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Just discovered the same problem this morning. I received an email from Comcast saying to the affect, there may be a virus, and they have taken steps to fix the problem. It was hard to read as the html wouldn't render. My spamchecker tried to delete this. I know my PC is clean. There is one of 2 possibilities,if indeed there was spam going out. My daughters computer which crashed last night and won't restart, so I can't check it til tonight (possible hardware failure) OR my mistake of leaving the wireless connection open when my son wanted to try his wii system on the internet. Somebody could have hopped on. Who do I have to contact to get this remedied. I have a work email and a website email that are now useless for sending.
Bronze Problem Solver

If Comcast notified you of a port 25 block, you definitely want to rule out the possibility of an infected system.  Start here (link to the "READ THIS FIRST" sticky in the Security section), for any system you suspect.

In the meantime, you should be able to get your client working again by either of these methods.  Switch to using 587 on the outbound side and turn on authentication...or switch to 465 with authentication AND SSL turned on.

Message Edited by Bartleby on 04-13-200707:29 AM