Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email to a group which willnot go through

New Poster

email to a group which willnot go through

How do I know which email address is incorrect if I only receive numbers from you and not a name to tell me an email is not corrrect and my email will not go through to the entire group because of a problem which I do not understand?

Email Expert

Re: email to a group which willnot go through

You need to go through the email addresses and look for one that has something wrong with it;  a typo, a character that shouldn't be there, wrong domain or .com instead of .net etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have 50 names in each group for emails.  I cannot know what is a bad email or one that is no longer used?  I did continue to guess at each email and found the problem but this is like year 01 of computer help.  Very unfriendly system that does not tell me what the problem is on my list. This is why I sit at my computer and say "I hate computers".

JHS

Service Expert

wrote:

I have 50 names in each group for emails.  I cannot know what is a bad email or one that is no longer used?  I did continue to guess at each email and found the problem but this is like year 01 of computer help.  Very unfriendly system that does not tell me what the problem is on my list. This is why I sit at my computer and say "I hate computers".

JHS

This happens with everybody, not just you.  I've been playing with computers since 1968, and a lot of learning has been through trial and error.  We all tend to make strange mistakes that take forever to figure out.  Over the years I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to smack my display because it didn't show me the results I was expecting.  Tracking down a problematic email address is definitely not easy when you have to go through 50 of them, but pat yourself on the back because you DID find it - something we couldn't do for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation