Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email sync with verizon phone

Regular Contributor

email sync with verizon phone

Have had issues with comcast emails NOT syncing with my LG-G3 phone for three days.

Frequent Visitor

Re: email sync with verizon phone

Having a similar issue since Lollipop update on LG G3. I have two accounts on the stock email app. The other still works flawlessly, but Comcast will only sync if I turn off wireless and let it sync over data Huh???? If I have wireless turned on, whether I am near wifi or not, it won't sync. It's like wifi and data modes are fighting each other on Comcast. I'm about to tear my hair out. Comcast, nor Verizon, nor LG can figure it out nor do they seem to much care.

Regular Visitor

I have 100% the same problem.  Glad I am not the only one!!!

- Worked perfectly before Lollipop update.

- My wireless router through Comcast lets me surf the web fine on my LG phone.

- Comcast E-mail will NOT update* unless I turn off wireless and turn on data.

* OK, not quote the case:  One time rebooting my router, it worked fine for 4 days.  And several says it works fine overnight!  COuld this mean it works when comcast is off-peak. 

Very strange and VERY furstrating.

Frequent Visitor

Still trying to figure this out, but wondering if it is only on pop3 accounts because I read where others with email accounts that are not Comcast cannot sync on wi-fi as well. My imap account on the stock email app works fine. Just wondering if it has something to do with that. Were you having your issue before you updated to Lollipop or after? How did you resolve it?

Regular Visitor

It ONLY happened as soon as I did lollipop upgrade.

I played with E-mail settings a little, but not a lot.

Regular Visitor

I am on POP3 and it is NOt resolved.

Regular Visitor

DId a lot of searching today.  NOT a comcast problem.  Lollipop is the problem.

Lot of of people claim to try lots of things, but here are two simple, easy and safe things to try.  Caveat: even if they work, they may need ot be done more than once:

- Reboot your router.  (Also try your phone)

- (This may sound crazy, but it worked for me) Put your phone on Airplane mode.  Put the wirelss back on.  Turn off airplane mode.  See if it works.

Frequent Visitor

It worked for a minute-just long enough to bring in a few emails that were waiting to come in, but do you think that fiddling between the airplane mode and router just caused a delay in the wifi and allowed the emails to come in on the mobile data? Because after those few came in I can still neither receive a test email nor send an email using Wifi- UNLESS I turn off the Wifi and enable mobile data. I know what I'm trying to say but not sure I relayed it well.

Frequent Visitor

I am going to agree with you about lollipop being the culprit. Yesterday I did a factory reset. I used the tool in the LG G3's backup & reset tool. The reset worked flawlessly and all my previous preferences (ringtones, fonts, etc) were there. On the setup wizard, one of the first things was "create an email account". It said "setting up your Gmail account will come later". So I set up my Comcast account on the stock mail app, and I was so elated, because all of my emails started loading. However, by the time I got through with the setup wizard, the email was not working! My theory??? There might be a system app that loads in the update that is causing the conflict. Either that, or the emails were coming through on the mobile data.