Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email sign-in slow or non-existent since format change

New Poster

email sign-in slow or non-existent since format change

I usually have no problems surfing the web, but getting to my emails is another story. This has happened since the recent format change. Sometimes I can't get to my emails so I surf the web for a while and then try again. Even when I can go to my emails signing in is almost like being on dial up. Anyone else having this problem?

Email Expert

Re: email sign-in slow or non-existent since format change

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I've been having this problem since format change in December.  My emals have been lost twice and now after a week they just disappear.  In addition, web browsing is impossible.  I have been told by Comcast agents that the problem is with Comcast and Safari/Firefox, which people that have Macs have to use to stay in contract with Apple.  I've spent endless hours on the phone with Comcast and can't seem to get a resolution. I would like to contact corporate office if I can find contact info.

New Poster

Cleaning out browser's cache doesn't help. And changing from Firefox to Safari, or vise versa, doesn't help either and if you have a Mac, you need to use one of those browsers.

Email Expert

wd1919 wrote:

Cleaning out browser's cache doesn't help. And changing from Firefox to Safari, or vise versa, doesn't help either and if you have a Mac, you need to use one of those browsers.

I feel I need to comment.  I am using an iMac running El Capitan.  I have Safari, Firefox and Chrome, and I can access my Comcast email with all three.  My preferred browser most of the time is Chrome.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon