New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email reciepients

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

email reciepients

When I compose an email to be sent to one or more people, the button is not visible on my toolbar any longer.  How do I recover the add recipients button on the tool bar. I know I can enter the initial of the individual person and add the address for the one person but I oftern send to multiple people.

Accepted Solution

Re: email reciepients

Well keep in mind you have an alternative method;  go into the address book, check the little box to the left of each entry you want to send to, then click on "Send mail" in the toolbar at the top of the list.  That will open a Compose page with the contacts you checked already entered into the To: field.  It accomplishes the same thing you got when clicking on To: in the old format.  

In the old format, you had to click "New"  and then "Message" to get to the Compose page from the Inbox page.  Then you would click on To:, select the contacts you wanted, and then click on Done to get back to the Compose page.  So 4 clicks plus the contacts.

In the new format, you can click on Address Book, select your contacts, then click on "Send mail".  So 2 clicks plus the contacts.  You can also drag and drop  contacts from the To: field to the CC or Bcc fields in the Compose page.  The only drawback I can see is that there seems to be no way to add names to the CC or Bcc lines directly from the Address Book like you could with the old setup.  So if you wanted to send to 10 people and put 9 of them in Bcc, you would have to drag and drop them one by one, or just start typing the names in the field.  The only way I can see around that would be to create a temporary group, put in the contacts for that email, and then put the group into the appropriate field.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Are you on the old email format or the new one?  What button are you referring to?  Do you mean the "To:" button or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I do believe I am in the new email format. I THINK I selected an option to change to the new version. Above the actual email, on the toolbar, there were options for you to do with the email. One was to add reciepients to the out going email. You could clik on individual names and the eail would go directly to them.  If I did switch to the new email format, can I go  back to the original email format? How? Goes to show you how much attention I was paying on this one. Thanks for your help.

Email Expert

If you are in the new format, it looks like this------------------

New Email Format.jpg

If so, once you are switched over, you cannot go back to the old version.  As of right now, you can no longer click on To: and bring up the address book.  You just start typing contacts into the To: field and they should show up in the drop-down.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response! Well darn! Looks like I am in the new format. I hate to see the option to select the people you want to send the email to rather than doing it one at a time. One name at a time could really drag out the process.

Hope they consider putting that option back in.

Email Expert

Well keep in mind you have an alternative method;  go into the address book, check the little box to the left of each entry you want to send to, then click on "Send mail" in the toolbar at the top of the list.  That will open a Compose page with the contacts you checked already entered into the To: field.  It accomplishes the same thing you got when clicking on To: in the old format.  

In the old format, you had to click "New"  and then "Message" to get to the Compose page from the Inbox page.  Then you would click on To:, select the contacts you wanted, and then click on Done to get back to the Compose page.  So 4 clicks plus the contacts.

In the new format, you can click on Address Book, select your contacts, then click on "Send mail".  So 2 clicks plus the contacts.  You can also drag and drop  contacts from the To: field to the CC or Bcc fields in the Compose page.  The only drawback I can see is that there seems to be no way to add names to the CC or Bcc lines directly from the Address Book like you could with the old setup.  So if you wanted to send to 10 people and put 9 of them in Bcc, you would have to drag and drop them one by one, or just start typing the names in the field.  The only way I can see around that would be to create a temporary group, put in the contacts for that email, and then put the group into the appropriate field.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the additional information on selcting people for the emails. Hadn't really given much thought to doing it that way vs. the original way. Thabks again. Carol

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation