Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email: "Sorry, can't find that page"

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 8

I have been calling Comcast for 2 days now about this and am going in an endless loop.   Our email worked fine last month when I paid my bill.  Yesterday when I click on the mail envelope icon to go to the mail or try to access it thru any mail link on Comcast, I get a screen that says, "Sorry, we couldn't find that page.  The page you're looking for may have been updated, deleted or moved".    The URL at the top is my.xfinity.com/errors/unauthorized/ (and more abbreviations about the style of the page.)

Unfortunately, we're about to move and so we've given everyone - all the new places we're applying to, looking at, all the websites that send mail about new places - this email since we rarely used it and it's not spammed to death yet.  

I talked to a support person online via chat on the 15th.  He had me try another browser even tho I knew this had nothing to do with it.  They opened a support ticket.   I called customer support later that day to see if it was any faster and it's not.  I was told it'd be 24-48 hours and they'd call when they'd looked at it.   At 8:10 am (on  Sunday) today they called my cell phone, which isn't my preferred method of being called and isn't listed as the number to call.   The woman leaving the message talked so fast that I hardly understood her, or her accent.  She said it had been looked at and left a number to call back if it wasn't working.  I called the number and it's "not a valid number" (855.484.4453)   So, I called regular Comcast again, only there's no option to get website help.  Sitting there, 3 times, listening to the menu choices, the robot phone lady just decided to reset our cable box each time, even tho I wasn't calling about the TV.  

The guy I talked to just now gave me a new support ticket number and said he'd forward it to the tech dept and they'd call me ASAP.  So I'm already going in a circle for the 2nd time.   Haven't heard a thing from anyone yet.  This doesn't seem like rocket science to fix - it's got to be on their end with their servers.  I'm not too swift at internet stuff so all the posts here that I found relating to this are a year old.  Any suggestions are appreciated.   My suggestion is we're going to change everything over to AT & T when we move next month because it's just nonstop with Comcast and I'm tired of talking to people I can't understand who have no idea what I'm saying, either.  

no page1.jpg
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 8

Have you tried using an email client?

Accessing your email via another device, such as your cell phone?

Does the URL https://web.mail.comcast.net get you to email?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 3 of 8

Something to try-------type m.comcast.net/m into the address bar of your browser and hit enter, then try to sign in.  That's the mobile version of Xfinity Connect.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 8

Hi you two.  Thanks for your replies.

Going to the mobile URL gives me: "The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later."

I just got 2 more calls from Comcast people.  The last one forwarded me to 2 other people who supposedly are upper-tier tech people but each time they had no idea what was going on and I had to explain it all over again.  This last guy told me to use another device.  I have a cell phone but am sight-challenged so it's impossible to read email on a phone or even texts.  I've got about 70 "I'm sorry" as I talk.  The last guy told me to wait a bit (24 hours) and "maybe it will be fixed".  If not, I should go into the Comcast store and complain to them about it  (it's 25 minutes away.)   They can look at the email.  I said there is no email.  

Weird thing was one of the times I was clicking back and forth a mail screen did pop up for a bit.  There was 0 mail, 0 saved mail, 0 period.  I'm not sure if they changed things but it was a plain, stark email form with just a Send and From screen.  I told the guy on the phone I thought it was fixed, but when I left the page and went back to it to check, I just got the "sorry page can't be found" screen again.  He kept insisting I try, try again, try again...so I did, 13 times just to make him happy.  I said it's the same error message, the same error URL and this is 2 days now.  Now I'm to wait and see if Someone will fix it even tho they're not looking at it as broken anymore, or something.  I mentioned again that it's been working for however long we've had email and Comcast and this is a new issue. I even called Kaspersky to ask if they changed something, and they checked and it's not them blocking anything.   Then he said it was a server issue but when I start asking detailed questions fed to my by the Uber Geek wife, then he changes the story and says it's not.  I pointed out there's a zillion posts on here from people who have had or have this same issue so don't they know what's causing it?  They're working on it, someone might call/could call but if not by 24 hours,  go to the store.  

I think I'm more PO'd at all the excuses, the different reasons this is happening.  I think all told I've been on the phone with 7 of Them so far, over 2 days, and I'm hearing the exact same speeches I heard from Person #1 as I just heard from this last one.  

Thanks for you input! 

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 5 of 8

OK given the circumstances, I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins to see if we can get you sorted out.  You shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops just to look at your email.

Also, using the mobile URL I gave you, right now I can't get into the email that way either.  I keep getting a message that it's unavailable.  Yet I can sign into my account with no problem using my desktop and browser.

Go figure.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 8

Hello, notawake. Do you encounter the same error when logging into your email in "incognito" mode on your browser?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 8

Hi again.  

Max: I do get the same message.  I tried that earlier and just now, and Kaspersky did give me some flags saying the certificate on the page isn't valid and they can't prove it's Comcast, etc, etc, but I just tell them to ignore it and let me go to the page.  I also tried to access it with Kaspersky off, didn't help.

I just got off the phone with Comcast, again, and wow...what a circus.  They told me yesterday they'd submit a ticket (that was the 3rd time) and "escalate it" and someone would/might call, again, if it's fixed. Someone called at 1 pm today and of course I was taking out the garbage, so I called the number back they gave me.  After getting the menu guy, validating my info and all I got the usual tech guy in whatever country we call.  He was very nice, but had no idea what was going on or why I called and said all the numbers given by Comcast go to the Menu Guy and to them. There is no U.S. Tech Support Tier 2 wizard who is going to call me and is standing where there's actual access to glitched accounts or corrupted files or even know what happened. I had to explain the whole problem to him again and that someone called me, again, and that no, it's not fixed.  It's the same thing yet.  I was on the phone with him being a bit witchy and aplogizing the whole time for being witchy but I said this is ridiculous.  

He put me on hold 3 x and said his supervisor was also listening.  He said the problem was that I was signing in from comcast.com and I had to sign in from http://my.xfinity.com because they changed things. I said that made no sense but he insisted the Comcast page wasn't there anymore and I had to sign in from Xfinity.  I said I can access and do everything - pay my bill, look at all the TV show ads, etc. - it's just email.  He kept asking me to humor him so while on the phone I signed out, signed into xfinity.com, clicked the email icon and went to the exact same error page I've been getting.   He suggested, as the others did, to try another browser and I said I tried 3 of them and even went to my mom's and tried on their computer and a laptop.  So after 50 minutes he said he'd open a ticket  (this would be the 3rd or 4th one) and I said forget it.  He said there's only so much they can do from their end and I said yes, I get it, but then why tell me for 3 days someone is getting "the ticket" and someone will call me who is here, and can help?  Why can't they just give us the U.S. help number people?  He again told me that the only thing I can do is drive to the Comcast store and go talk to them.  I get they are limited in what they can do and the guy was very apologetic but I'm not sure why they just yank you around for 3 days.   I asked why he was going to just open another support ticket, and send me thru the loop again when he knows they can't fix it.  He didn't have an answer.  So, here I sit, nothing got fixed, no one called who could fix it or knew why it wasn't working. All the solutions offered were busywork. Everyone told me to do the same stuff, and it didn't matter that I had just done it.  I was even told it might get fixed, and wait another 24 hours, because hey, you just never know.   I asked what would be done if someone didn't have a car to go to the Comcast store or was elderly and didn't drive or just couldn't do it and he said a technician would come out.  He also said "when" it gets fixed call back and they can credit my account a bit for this time I haven't had mail.  I asked how I prove it's fixed when he keeps telling me it's fine on their end, so they don't know what the problem is.  

Not sure how Comcast sets its servers and accounts up, but I even asked if making a whole new user name would help and he didn't know, so I did, and now I have 5 user names that don't work.  One of the Primary accounts is my alternate email I put in in case there's an issue and I don't even know why that was made into a User Name since I never put it as one.  I also think I read correctly that no matter what you change the user name to, you'll always have the user name of the name the account was opened with?  When I try to sign in with that it says not a valid name or valid password, but I know it's all correct.  

Thanks for answering, guys, I appreciate it. I'm soooo frustrated but more disappointed in the lousy ineffectual suport which never got to any tech person who actually has access to actual account stuff, but that's all they've told me will happen for 3 days.    

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 8

Hi notawake! I'd like to review something on the back end to see what more can be causing this. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Also, please verify the user id you are using when attempting to login. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.