Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email question

New Poster

email question

I am wondering if there is a way to compose an email and save to automatically send at a future designated date.

Email Expert

Re: email question

Yes there is.  Open a new Compose window and go ahead and write your message.  Don't put anything in the To, Cc or Bcc lines yet.  Then click on "Save Draft" in the toolbar.  When you are ready to actually send it, open the Drafts folder in the right folders pane, and open your message.   Click on "Edit" in the toolbar, and then go ahead and fill in the To line etc, and send it.

Instead of manually saving the draft if you prefer------Comcast auto-saves messages you are writing to the Drafts folder too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am going on vacation and would like an email to be sent out while I am away.  I'm wondering if there is a way to compose and save the email ahead of time and program it to be sent out on a designated date (while I am not home and away from my computer).

Thank you for your help, all!

Email Expert

Sign in to your account, and then click on  My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Auto-Reply. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.

It's an "either -or" situation.  It's either enabled or it's not.  I don't see any way to pre-set it to start working on a particular date.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon