Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email over and over again

Frequent Visitor

email over and over again

Today I keep getting the same emails pushed my way.  This morning I went through my email and deleted what I did not want.  Emptied out the deleted folder.  Later the same emails I had already deleted came in AGAIN.  Once again I deleted what I did not wish to retain and just now they have been pushed to me AGAIN.  What gives?

Email Expert

Re: email over and over again

How are you accessing the email------on a computer using a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or on a tablet or smartphone or what?  Do you have the account enabled on more than one device?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Accessing the email on my home computer with Outlook Express.  Not enabled on any other device/account.

Silver Problem Solver

Is it still happening? Comcast was having email server issues. It sounds like it was not processing the request to delete an email after being read through the POP3 interface by Outlook Express. That's why it kept popping back up again.

Hopefully, now that the servers seem to be working again, it has fixed itself.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry to say it's still pushing back what ever I delete.  

Email Expert

Dan8294 wrote:

Sorry to say it's still pushing back what ever I delete.  

One thing you need to consider is that Outlook Express is years out of date.  It hasn't been supported by Microsoft for about the last 11 years or more.  As time goes on, it has become increasingly buggy and unstable.  This little article should be of interest ----------------------

http://ask-leo.com/why_outlook_express_must_die.html

You didn't say what version of Windows you are using, but if it's an older one, you should consider moving to Mozilla Thunderbird.  They may still have a version compatible with your OS.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

As of 6:30 this morning the deleted mail is staying so.  Time will tell.  If it does not, my husband suggests he can remove the email in question from the server.  The "delete" issue I was having did prompt me to read other complaints by customers.  I have to agree...the connection has been slow and unavailable a lot lately.