Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email not sent

New Poster

email not sent

I have not been able to send an email message through Microsoft Outlook, which is on a current subscription, since March 1, 2018. An internet search reveals that other people are having the same problem. My out going mail settings are set to comcast current recommendations: smtp.comcast.net, port 587, encryption=SSL/TLS . The test returns "does not support the connection encryption type you have specified". Is there a change with comcast's current email upgrade and what is the solution for me.

Email Expert

Re: email not sent

Try it with port 465 for the outgoing server.  Is it offering any other encryption options?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello,

I have 2 Comcast email accounts and one set to outgoing mail port 587 and one to 465.  They both return the same message when sending a test outgoing mail:  "Send test email message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance."  I have tried setting up the email accounts using all available encryption methods with the same results.

I am outside of the USA at this time, so I have not called Comcast.  Is there a way to contact them through email or text messaging.  I am sensing that this is a wide spread problem, but I have been affected fo more than a week now.

mechanicalpfg

Email Expert

Using Comcast email outside the U.S. gets really problematic.  Call Comcast security and see if they can offer guidance in this situation-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation