Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email not consistently working

New Poster

email not consistently working

Since going to the new email format is anyone experiencing issues, such as deleting emails only to find them coming back, not able to go to the spam or trash folder as you get a message that the system has timed out, or is unable to connect, yet your network shows connected and you are able to get to every other website on the planet?  I've tried the usual stuff, clearing cache, cookies, etc. all to no avail.

New Poster

Re: email not consistently working

Yeah, been happening for the last couple weeks  Email server is having serious issues. Always loads slow anyway since they have all the add-ins on the email page.

Really stinks for a service email account that we have to pay for!  I'm transitioning all my important emails to Gmail. This is ridiculous. 

New Poster

Thanks Bretman.   If it's been happening for a few weeks, which appears to be the case based on what I've been reading and no known solution offered it seems like moving off comcast as my email solution is the best advice at this time. Pretty poor customer service by xfinity, and makes me start to rethink why I continue to pay for a bundled package that costs more than any other package out there.

Frequent Visitor

I thank both of you for your comments.  I am sorry you are having these problems, but it's comforting to know that it is Comcast, not something I am screwing up, and there are others in the same boat.  I have been having all of those problems and in addition I get the message that "Xfinity is not responding" and I have to "recover the webpage"!!!!  I have had Comcast for almost 20 years and am VERY FRUSTRATED with the current changes.  I agree that continuing to have the very expensive Comcast bundle is something I definitely need to rethink.  It is very aggravating that Comcast changed a system that worked extremely well to one that is completely unreliable.  It makes no sense to me.