Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email move

New Poster

email move

A family member is moving to a place that does not have Comcast access. What I am wondering, is if there is any way to move that email address to my account as another user and keep the current emails intact?

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: email move

My thinking is that it cannot, because that email address is the sign-in credential for an account that will be closed.  When service is cancelled at an address, the email/user ID is suspended for 90 days, and then is put back into the pool of available IDs for any other Comcast customer that wants it.  If your relative wants to keep any existing emails they should set the account up on their computer using an email client like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, and then put anything important into local folders.

Of course once the 90 days is up, you could try re-creating that address as a secondary account on your primary.  But even if it works, any email that was still in the account will be gone.  I am going to escalate this question to the Administrator to see if I can get a definitive answer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: email move

skullsplitter wrote:

A family member is moving to a place that does not have Comcast access. What I am wondering, is if there is any way to move that email address to my account as another user and keep the current emails intact?

Thanks

In cases like this a ticket would have to be open from our end to request the move of emails. One of our advance tech agents would then call both parties to confirm information and the transfer will then be processed. Please be aware that in some occasions this might not be possible. If you could, please send me a private message with extra details regarding this. I can look into it for you. -FC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon