Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email - loading, opening, not doing a blinking thing about this web browsing POS

Frequent Visitor

email - loading, opening, not doing a blinking thing about this web browsing POS

Like so many others - new email interface and whatever else these programmers did has completely bolluxed the email system - every day connections to the server and getting just a list of the inbox takes way too long. Then the spinning arrows arrive and if they have not shown the circular chase yet, try to open a message - more chasing arrows and not display of the message text. Some days the message do display and then won't delete - you get an error message - not a very descriptive one. If I were writing exception messages, they would at least say where this came from and some relation to the code structure.

This whole email thing is a sad excuse for the large dollar layout I make every month.

I am not bothering trying to get support - a script gets me nowhere. I am very tech literate and dealing with someone who has a hard time communicating with a mom or pop who knows little about HTML, C, or five  other programming languages, has never designed software, a database or hundreds of complex spreadsheets - no thanks. Flush the cache, reset, restart, ---- bail out and use another browser - no.

I am using Safari and a Mac both up to date and plenty of ram and cpu power. But I do have one lousy service provider and I am stuck with that because Comcast has this entire town under its thumb.

New Poster

Re: email - loading, opening, not doing a blinking thing about this web browsing POS

I am having the same issue.... again. At this very current moment I'm unable to access my email at all because the blue screen tells me that "This service is currently not available...retry". Previous to this I've been attempting to send an important email message for the last hour with multiple proxy & Server & Imap errors being the only thing to show for my time. Ever since the email platform change things have been less than efficient. I don't even know how much time I've lost to this repeated issue or how much time I've spent on chat or phone support for it.  UGH fix it already. 

Chrome / Windows Pc
Cleared caches, restarted modem, restarted computer - wash, rinse repeat. 

New Poster

Re: email - loading, opening, not doing a blinking thing about this web browsing POS

Also, many email problems recently. For whatever reason people or companies hire people that try and re-invent the wheel. I have many email folders. One morning they disappeared. Then only 13 came back. Called and called. Some customer service person actually wanted the names of a 'few' of my folders. 2 days later, my folders appeared again. sigh of relief. Well, here I am again, now I just wanted to move an email to a folder. You check email, you check move, BACK to 13 folders only. I too wish there was decent choice for a consumer service provider. It will eventually happen, but not anytime soon.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation