Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email is very slow

New Poster

email is very slow

Pulling up emails keeps getting slower and slower.  Any ideas?  There's a lag time from when I click on an email while I have to wait for all the adds and stuff to load up...

Contributor

Re: email is very slow

Yes, I'm experiencing this too. "Server is slow to respond," and then the only option is to cancel request, so I DON'T get to see the e-mail I was trying to see.

This happens a lot, but today ticked me off enough that I went to make a post, or see if there was a problem.

I have a suspicion it's the ads you're forcing at us. The ads in the right sidebar take up so much bandwidth, the mail messages don't stand a chance. Like every e-mail opened has to get a new ad!!!?

C'mon Comcast/xfinite problems, we pay a lot of money for this service. Recently jacked my rates to $200 a month, for channels and phone, and STILL I cannot read my e-mails!

New Poster

I agree with you totally.  I know the ads cause the problem and I really don't need to see the same one over and over and over.  Especially when I have to wait for it!  Is there any way to stop the ads???  If i change my pop up blockers, that causes other problems.  Very frustrating when you are paying premium buckos for this crapola!!!

Contributor

Still ongoing today. This is what I get. Anybody used to this? 

comcast web mail.jpg

And this after I've adjusted my behavior, based on some advice from an expert in another forum, this is in Chrome. From the first try, it just wouldn't show my e-mail.

So I'm sure I'm doing something else wrong now, because it's never Comcr*p's lousy service. It's terrible.