Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email is being sent to junk mail box

Contributor

email is being sent to junk mail box

As of the last couple of weeks, about half of my emails are being sent to the junk email box.  I only figured this out when I had been sent an email to my inbox but never received it. I was blaming my Mac but it looks to be Comcast that has changed the settings.  Has there been new filters added to Comcast mail?  Everyday, there are should be inbox emails landing in the junk mail box.

Plant where you may grow
Contributor

Re: email is being sent to junk mail box

Hmmmm, now, Comcast email went to junk mail. I also choose Not Spam and two minutes later, it ends up in Junk again. Any help would be appreciated.

Plant where you may grow
Email Expert

You have to keep marking them as Not Spam if they get to the Spam folder to help educate the filters.  And that takes time.  If a lot of other people are marking those emails as Spam it may take a long time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Jamjar wrote:

As of the last couple of weeks, about half of my emails are being sent to the junk email box.  I only figured this out when I had been sent an email to my inbox but never received it. I was blaming my Mac but it looks to be Comcast that has changed the settings.  Has there been new filters added to Comcast mail?  Everyday, there are should be inbox emails landing in the junk mail box.

Jamjar-

For the past 7 days, I see only 4 messages classified as spam, vs a few hundred legit.

Did you add any custom filters to your account?  If so, maybe one of them is the cause.

Look at 'Set Up Email Filters' here:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/spam-filters-and-email-blocking/ 

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Dave, 

If you are looking into my personnel inbox online, I have been checking it two or three times a day and removing emails from my spam folder to my inbox by clicking the "not spam link" (two or three at a time) As I said before, about half are correctly in my inbox and half are considered spam.  None were considered spam upto 7-10 days ago.  My Mac mail says that I have marked these emails as spam which is not true.  I did change the spam setting and checked the box to save spam because I was not receiving emails that I wanted downloaded to my laptop. I did add filters to save emails and stop them from becoming spam

. It is annoying but if the filters clean it up I will wait it out.  If it had been just 4 emails, I would not have asked for help. 

Plant where you may grow
Contributor

Dave, 

If you are looking into my personnel inbox online, I have been checking it two or three times a day and removing emails from my spam folder to my inbox by clicking the "not spam link" (two or three at a time) As I said before, about half are correctly in my inbox and half are considered spam.  None were considered spam upto 7-10 days ago.  My Mac mail says that I have marked these emails as spam which is not true.  I did change the spam setting and checked the box to save spam because I was not receiving emails that I wanted downloaded to my laptop. I did add filters to save emails and stop them from becoming spam

. It is annoying but if the filters clean it up I will wait it out. 

Plant where you may grow
Official Employee

Jamjar wrote:

Dave, 

. It is annoying but if the filters clean it up I will wait it out.  If it had been just 4 emails, I would not have asked for help. 

Jamjar - I'm not looking at your mailbox, I'm looking at the filtering when a message is accepted.   Messages _should_ be filed based on that filtering, but from what you're saying, that's not happening.

What do you use to look at your mailbox?  Is it the xfinity webmail client, or something else?

OH - I just noticed you mentioned Mac Mail.  Could it be doing spam filtering, and moving items to that it considers spam into the junk folder?

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I have  been checking with my Xfinity online email. So far, I have received one "legit" spam.  Everything  else should have been in my inbox.

Plant where you may grow