Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email home

New Poster

email home

When I open my email the layout has changed - there is no received date column. How can I get it back?

Also, it opens with old emails and then a few seconds later it brings up the newest emails. However, if I look at a new email and go back to the listing of emails it changes to the old emails received. How can I fix that?

Please help this Grandma

Email Expert

Re: email home

Grandpa to Grandma----------------at the top of the email message list in the Inbox page, look at "Sorted By"xxxxxxx.  Right-click anywhere in the grey bar to the right of that and you will see this------------

Sorting Options from Gray Bar 03:04:2015.jpg

Click on the criteria you want to use and go from there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: email home

I'm not sure what you mean by a "layout change", but I'll try to get your Date received column back.

You don't mention if you're seeing an ad on the right side of your email list, but if you're not, you should see a small arrow on the right that you can click on to expand the size of the list.  If that doesn't work, or isn't the problem, then right click in any of the headings [From, Subject, etc.] that are showing and a box should pop up that allows you to choose what you want to see in your email list.  If Date isn't checked, then take your cursor and check it and the Date column should show up.

After you bring the Date column back up, you can click on Date to sort your emails, either from newest first, or oldest first.

Let me know if this helps and if not, we'll try something else.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon