Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email folders

New Poster

email folders

I just realized that I can not access emails I have saved in any of my folders that contains an & sign in the folders name.  When I try to open a folder with an & in the name the mail box locks up and I have to close it and start again.  Is there a way to fix the folder name to get rid of the & sign or access the content?

Email Expert

Re: email folders

Right-click on the folder.  Do you see the option to rename it?

Also:  I just tried and I cannot duplicate this issue.  I'm using Chrome, and also tried with Firefox.  I'm on a Mac but I doubt that makes any difference. I'm in the new email format.  I created a folder "Mike & Tommy" and renamed it "Mike&Tommy".  I moved some messages to it from another folder and in both cases, I was able to open the folder and the emails with no issue.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation