Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email filters

Regular Visitor

email filters

Create a new filter is still not available. It doesn't work in Safari or Firefox. It doesn't work by clicking on actions in an email and it doesn't work by clicking on Preferences, the gear.

What is happening? This has been going on for months. Should I switch to Mac email?

Email Expert

Re: email filters

If you mean by using the "hamburger" icon in the message header, this is a known issue, as is "Send new email" for some people in some browsers.  To set up a filter you need to use the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Inbox page, then click on Settings.  There is no time certain for this to be fixed that I know of so far.

And yes, using Mac Mail or any other desktop email client would side-step the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I can not create, delete or manage filters in any way on Xfinity. If I click on the gear, the option is not offered.. If I click on actions in the email and then click on new filter, nothing happens.

I think I will simply forward all my Xfinity emails to my Gmail account.

Email Expert

@gloveman4 wrote:

I can not create, delete or manage filters in any way on Xfinity. If I click on the gear, the option is not offered.. If I click on actions in the email and then click on new filter, nothing happens.

I think I will simply forward all my Xfinity emails to my Gmail account.

If you click on the gear icon on the Inbox page, then on Settings, under Mail do you not see "Filter Rules"?  As for clicking on the More icon in an email you have opened, that feature has not been operable since the transition to the new format.  I don't know when it will become active.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation