Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email error

New Poster

email error

My email has a loading error. "Error: Failed to load message content. The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later." It has been like this for 5 hours. What can I do to fix this error?

New Poster

Re: email error

Having the same problem

Official Employee

jmtwomey, there was a known issue effecting email, which has been resolved now. Are you having continued troubles? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: email error The connection to remote server smtp.comcast.net timed out

ERROR: "The connection to remote server smtp.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later." Why is my email not working properly? This has been goin on and off  like this for a while.  It's bad enough it's super slow. I need to find a different email service. 

New Poster

I'm only just now experiencing this problem and it is extremely frustrating.  I have time sensitive messages I have to reply to and I keep getting "The connection to remote server smtp.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response..."  I need a resolution to ASAP.

Glenn

Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Did you ever find a fix to this?  I'm having the same problem right now.  Thanks.

New Poster

If I don't get the above message, then I get this one: ?An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."

Contributor

I am now getting this error Failed to Load Message Content, when trying to send emails. What is the solution?

New Poster

Having the same e-mail error, cannot see text! It came with the new view. Can I revert to the one that works? Time sensitive e-mails! Thanks

New Poster

I am now receiving this exact same error and it looks like others are having the same issue. I am trying to view e-mail on both a computer and my phone with issues on both. I have time sensitive e-mails I MUST reply to and I have not been able to get my e-mails to load for hours. 

Please respond at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you!

New Poster

Since new email version launched.  Its sucs.  Slow or no loading emails and now won't load at all.  Good job coc mast

New Poster

Having Problems getting email.  The headers appear, but the body fails to load.  get the error: failed to load message content.

New Poster

When was the known issue affecting email resolved?  I am still unable to receive email from any device, and test messages that I sent are not being received.  Any information that can be shared with everyone that is reporting the probem would be appreciated.

New Poster

Having the same problem all day ~ emails won't load and getting this message when I try to send an email -

"The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later."

What's up with Comcast?! Thinking about switching my primary email to my google account!!