Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email difficulties

New Poster

email difficulties

with the new format, Google Chrome will not let me send replies.  There is no send button on the bottom or a bar on the side to let me scroll down.

Email Expert

Re: email difficulties

Use the down arrow key to scroll down.   The Send button is at the bottom left corner.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I'm also having a similar issue with my email.  And it is on both IE11 and Edge.  I just saved an email to the draft folder, and when I tried to send it, I saw no Send button to click on at all.  And yes, I did try to scroll and look for it on the left corner as you suggested, but it is not there.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem sending an email due to no Send button, please help with reply.

Email Expert

JD2016 wrote:

I'm also having a similar issue with my email.  And it is on both IE11 and Edge.  I just saved an email to the draft folder, and when I tried to send it, I saw no Send button to click on at all.  And yes, I did try to scroll and look for it on the left corner as you suggested, but it is not there.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem sending an email due to no Send button, please help with reply.

I cannot duplicate this issue myself.  I can't see what you are looking at.  But try to drag the entire window further up.  Or if you can see the bottom edge of the body of the email try dragging that up.  Also, I'm curious--------are you using a device with a smaller screen?  I'm looking at a 27" iMac, and sometimes I have to scroll way down or move the window up depending on how I have it sized.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I'm using a desktop computer with a 22" monitor.  The email is still in the draft folder because I don't see a sent button no matter how I scroll or what I do.  It's not an urgent item, or I imagine I'd have to go back to inbox and reply again and send it from there.

But, there are times I need to use the draft folder, and before the new xfinity format change, there was never an issue, always a send button there.

Email Expert

JD2016 wrote:

I'm using a desktop computer with a 22" monitor.  The email is still in the draft folder because I don't see a sent button no matter how I scroll or what I do.  It's not an urgent item, or I imagine I'd have to go back to inbox and reply again and send it from there.

But, there are times I need to use the draft folder, and before the new xfinity format change, there was never an issue, always a send button there.

OK in the Drafts folder open the email in question, then click on "Edit" in the toolbar.  Does the Send button appear?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Yes, I do not have a scroll button either and this never happened until the new email system just started recently!

Email Expert

stschmalz wrote:

Yes, I do not have a scroll button either and this never happened until the new email system just started recently!

There isn't any scroll button or bar in the new email format.  Or do you mean a Send button?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Yes, it does appear when I click on Edit, thank you for that information.

Is there any way to have it show below the message as normal??

Email Expert

JD2016 wrote:

Yes, it does appear when I click on Edit, thank you for that information.

Is there any way to have it show below the message as normal??

The premise of the Draft folder is that it assumes you are not finished with composing the message yet.  That being the case, you would need to click on Edit to finish it up.  That's why the Send button only appears in Edit view.  And no, there is no way to put it at the bottom as it is in a new Compose page.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation