Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email and xfinity email downloading

New Poster

email and xfinity email downloading

I download emails from Comcast to two different computers.  When I download to computer #2, it pulls the emails away which had already been downloaded to computer #1.  These are emails which reside on computer #1 but magically are getting "pulled away."

I realize that Comcast can download to two computers, which is great, but how can I stop Comcast from taking them away once they've been downloaded? 

Email Expert

Re: email and xfinity email downloading

It sounds like you have the account enabled in your client program on one of the puters using POP3.  If that is the case, by default it will download the messages and then delete them from the server.  Then the other puter wouldn't "see" the messages on the server  because they aren't there anymore.  You need to have the clients on both machings set up for the account using IMAP.  That way everything is synced.  Post back if you need further instructions.  The settings you will need are here------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

But your client will most likely auto-configure it for you after you enter the user ID and password.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon