Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email and folders

Frequent Visitor

email and folders

Please tell me how to retrieve all the email from my folders and mail that Comcast deleted without warning.  I thought this was my filing system in which I could access them forever!  Help! Everything is GONE!

Email Expert

Re: email and folders

Can you clarify-------you can't see emails within folders, or the Folders pane is gone or what?  Are you using only the Comcast webmail interface, or a desktop client like Thunderbird or Outlook?  Are you on the old email format or the new one?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hello, Latoque,

The Folders are where they should be, but all of the emails are gone.  I had all my important documents and receipts stored in folders that I created, and I realized it one day when I looked for something in a folder and the folder was empty.  I am not using any other interface, on ly Comcast.

How do I tell whether I am on the old or new?  I thought it was the new, but some comments I have read here make me think maybe not, and perhaps I should be glad for that.  I have the abitlity to choose colors for my folders.  When I sign in, it says "Hello Guest".  Another annoying thing, 

I also am looking for a way to flag email that I want to go back to, instead of having to sift through hundreds to make sure I answered one.  My old Yahoo mail you could flag or star emails and then go right to them.  Like a to-do list.  Isn't there anything like this?  I really did not want to add another email interface like gmail or yahoomail but I may be forced to again because this one just doesn't work very well.  User UNfriendly.  

AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EMAILS IN MY FOLDERS???  I spent almost 3 hours speaking with Support on two occasions last week,and was told I would be called back(no one knew how to fix it, and they acted as if they had not heard of this, yet I have read right here that it has happened to a number of people).  Needless to say, no one has called me and I am not holding my breath.

Email Expert

OK this is what the old format looks like-----------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

This is what the new format looks like---------------------

New Format.jpg

Post back and let me know, and maybe we can proceed from there.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have the old-but not so sure I would want the new-very bad reviews here!

Email Expert

In the old format there is no way to flag messages.  The new format does have that ability.  As for the missing messages-------------------------------

Check your deletion schedules to make sure they are set the way you want them. From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email, and look about halfway down the list to "Email Deletion Schedules". If it's not that, then as a precaution I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.

Also, do you have another device like a smartphone or tablet with the account enabled on it? If so it may be downloading and then deleting the messages from the server. Check all the settings in it to see if that's what's going on.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon