Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email addresses

New Poster

email addresses

When I type in the beginning of an address from my contacts the autofill pops up BUT at the end of the email address shown the word "forget" appears.  Even though that word does not appear in the completed address in the address box, the email will not send.

Email Expert

Re: email addresses

The auto-complete feature in the Comcast address book has it's own memory.  You can't access it or alter it.  Periodically Comcast will re-set accounts, and at that time entries that have been deleted from your address book should vanish.  However, they only do that sporadically, on no particular schedule.  So those old addresses could keep popping up for quite a while.

"Forget" to the right of an email address in the list is only for ranking;  Auto-fill will show addresses based on frequency of use, and Forget will appear after about the first 5 or 6 ones in the list based on what you are typing in the To: field.  If you click on it, all it does is move the address further down in the list.  It should have no effect on whether or not a message gets sent.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, the email addresses I refer to are frequently used and should in no way be scheduled for deletion (or moved down the list, whatever that means).

Regardless, they simply do not send.

There must be another solution.

Email Expert

Exactly what happens when you try to send?  Are you getting any kind of error message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon