Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email account

New Poster

email account

I'm moving my office to a location that Comcast doesn't service and need to know if it is possible to keep my @comcast.net email address (my primary personal one for 15+ years) without having internet or TV service from Comcast.  In other words, do i have to pay to keep my email address.

Service Expert

Re: email account

Simple answer, NO.

After the Comcast account is cancelled you will lose the email address.

All mail on the server will be deleted.

If you use Xfinity Connect (online email access) and have mail and folders you want to save, you will have to download and install an email client. Configure it to work with Comcast mail servers so that mail will be downloaded from the server and stored on your computer.

With folders, you will have to re-create them in the client, move contents to inbox of Xfinity Connect, download to client and move them to the newly created folder. If you have a lot of emails that can be a hassle.

The solution to make it easier is to set the client up as IMAP, which will unify the client with webmail. All folders will automatically be downloaded to the client.

You will also need to export the address book then import into the client.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon