Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email account

New Poster

email account

If we no longer have a comcast account can I keep my email address?

I heard you could have your email forwarded to any address but I assumed you would need to still have an account for the comcast.net email to be forwarded to whatever is your new email?

Please tell me if there is anyway to keep my comcast email address but to not have a comcast account I have to pay for.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: email account

Once the Comcast account is closed the email account will be gone.  It might transfer for a short time but not long

Gold Problem Solver

Re: email account

Sara,

BEFORE you close your Comvast account, I advise that you do the following.

1-  Create a free email account with one if the free email programs, such as Gmail.com or Thunderbird.

2-  Give your new email address to all of your contacts

3-  Move any email you want to keep from Xfinity Connect to that new Email Account so you do not

lose them 

4- Go to the Xfinity Connect address book and EXPORT all contacts to a CSV file. Save the file on your PC ( I recommend saving it on the desktop to yiu can locate it easily)

5-  Once you have set up the new email account, you can then IMPORT all your contacts from that saved CSV file right into that program.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.