Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email account trashed when comcast changed it to new format

New Poster

email account trashed when comcast changed it to new format

Several weeks ago,  comcast changed my main email account over to the new format.   Overnight my mailbox storage of 10gb went from 90% to full, not allowing new emails to be accepted.   I know I had 1500 unread emails before the changeover.   After it was more than 15K unread.   Following comcast suggestions, I looked at the emails by size and found that most of them had been copied or duplicated.   I have lost patience talking to support.    They only put it on 'priority' and nothing seems to happen.   They give me tech support numbers to call and they are found to be disconnected.    When sorting my emails ascending or descending  only years 2010 to 2012 show up, but sorting it by size all years show up.   I thought perhaps I could forward some emails to another email account but comcast screen said I could only process 8 at a time, which would take years.    I installed Firebird and tried to download all, but it would only download new messages and there are none of course.    I deleted a good 500mb, which took hours,  and it is still over the limit.    When logging onto the account, the screen indicates I am at 99%+ but using the button in the upper right hand corner tells me I am at 51% usage.   Anyone know of a good comcast tech that I could talk to and has a telephone number?   

Email Expert

Re: email account trashed when comcast changed it to new format

You can't fix this yourself, so I'm escalating it to the forum admins for follow-up.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon