Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

eMail configuration

New Poster

eMail configuration

How can I speak with someone at Comcast (in English and within the United States, please) about some of the features of your email system?  For example, the "quota" system - who determines my "quota" for the amount of emails I have?  How can I change that quota?  Are the emails within my  "Sent" box and also within the folders I have set up included within my "quota" system?  After emails are deleted, do they "disappear" from my account so they are not included within my "quota" system?

Also, I am most unhappy with the way Comcast "stacks" emails that someone or some computer "thinks" are related!  I would like to receive individual emails!  Also, when I attempt to print off an email, I will get MANY pages printed out instead of just the one I want which wastes a lot of paper and ink.

Is there a human out there somewhere that I can actually talk to??   I find it very strange - almost unbelievable - that the Technical Support people have no information on how to contact someone who works on the email system and design - they have no department; they have no names; they have no phone number.   Weird!

Email Expert

Re: eMail configuration

jklein1 wrote:

How can I speak with someone at Comcast (in English and within the United States, please) about some of the features of your email system? 

There is no way to get to a particular English speaking person that I know of.

For example, the "quota" system - who determines my "quota" for the amount of emails I have? 

Each account gets a total of 10Gb of storage

How can I change that quota? 

You can't.

Are the emails within my  "Sent" box and also within the folders I have set up included within my "quota" system? 

Yes

After emails are deleted, do they "disappear" from my account so they are not included within my "quota" system?

Spam is stored for 7 days or 2,000 messages, whichever comes first
Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first--------Spam does not count towards your storage, but I believe Trash might.

Also, I am most unhappy with the way Comcast "stacks" emails that someone or some computer "thinks" are related!  I would like to receive individual emails! 

When in the Inbox page, click on "Sort by" at the top of the message list, and uncheck "Conversation" in the drop-down menu.

Also, when I attempt to print off an email, I will get MANY pages printed out instead of just the one I want which wastes a lot of paper and ink.

This should be a function of the dialogue box that appears when you click on Print, or use the Print command from the system File menu.  There should be a choice to select the number of pages.

Is there a human out there somewhere that I can actually talk to??   I find it very strange - almost unbelievable - that the Technical Support people have no information on how to contact someone who works on the email system and design - they have no department; they have no names; they have no phone number.   Weird!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you very much for your response.  I find it so strange that a company as large as Comcast (and perhaps that's the real source of the problems) has no system for contacting people directly regarding issues with a system so indispensable, vital and widespread as email.  It seems to me it would be a benefit to having a system for receiving suggestions for improving its designs and procedures.

Email Expert

There is this at the bottom of the Xfinity homepage---------------

Sbmit Feedback

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation