Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

e-mailing messages with pictures

Frequent Visitor

e-mailing messages with pictures

why is it that when I forward a message that contains both text and a picture in the body of the message, that most times the person I send to does not get the picture but just a little box and the text?  This happens only when using my comcast e-mail account  but does not happen when I use hotmail, yahoo or g-mail.  I prefer to use my comcast account so I need to know what the problem is and how to cure it.

Email Expert

Re: e-mailing messages with pictures

Does the same thing happen if you send the image as an attachment rather than in the body of the message?  I have not experienced this issue.  Who is the recipient's email provider?  Does this happen with everyone you send to or just one person?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thanks for the reply.  I have not tried sending the pictures as an attachment but really, why should I have to?  Any other e-mail accounts I have used have gone thru perfectly and 100% of the time.  I have contact with several people who use comcast and they experience the same problem sending to other comcast people, g-mail and yahoo.  I have the prioblem with every e-mail accounts I have sent messages to  while using comcast.  Maybe I need to talk with comcast's supposed "guru's".

Email Expert

I just tried it sending from my Comcast account to another of my Comcast accounts, Yahoo and iCloud and all three worked just fine with the photo in the body of the email.  So I'm going to escalate this to the forum administrator and see if someone can look at your account to see if something is wrong.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

snowsnake3 -- I ran the same test Latoque ran by sending emails from my Comcast.net email to my yahoo and gmail accounts. Image with text in message body came through just fine on both accounts. Have you tried to send this same type of email from a different PC or a mobile device? I'd like to know if that issue happens no matter what device you use when sending these types of emails. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

I have forwarded a message with a picture included in it from my comcast account to friends at their gmail and yahoo addresses and they consistently do NOT get the picture in the body of the message, only the text.  I also forwarded the same message with the picture in the body of the message thru both my yahoo and gmail accounts and they get both the text and the included picture just fine.  I have contact with 3 others who also have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM in using their comcast accounts.  Matter of fact all 4 of us have the same problem also when sending this type of message from our COMCAST ACCOUNTS TO THEIR COMCAST ACCOUNTS.  Figure that one out if you can.  It HAS to be a COMCAST problem and I assume I will have to address this thru tech support at Comcast. Any computer GURU'S out there with a cure???

Admin1

If you can answer the question I asked about sending it through a different computer or through a mobile device helps us figure it out. Please answer that question if you can so I can continue to try to narrow down the issue. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

no, I have not tried it thru a different computer.  I didn't think that would be important as I have talked with others who share the same problem, so I kinda figured it would be a waste of time to do that.  Someone I spoke to a while back seemed to feel it was because that Comcast was a WEB BASED system.

Admin1

Please give it a try through a different computer and a mobile device. It is important to try these because it tells us that it is something wrong with your email account versus what device you use. 

A good example is there thread here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/My-Email-are-hard-to-read-Something-wrong-with-forma.... This user had what he thought was an issue with his Comcast email account. It turned out to be something wrong with his computer. That was found out by running the same test I'm having you do. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Email Expert

OK I just did another test, but this time forwarding an email from Comcast with a photo in it to my other accounts at Comcast, iCloud, Gmail and MSN (Outlook.com)  --------------all 4 worked perfectly.  All four showed both the text and the picture.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

O.K., I went to the public library computer, brought up my comcast account.  I then sent a message with a picture in the body to my yahoo and g-mail account, and also to 2 friends with comcast accounts and g-mail accounts .  Same results, text only and not the picture..  I think I just might as well use my hotmail account for all my e-mailing and just forget about comcast.  Might even consider checking into century-link.  Thanks for all your replies but I just plain "give up".

Admin1

I'm going to open a support ticket for this. You should be able to send email with a picture and message body and have them both received by however you send it to. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I will wait for a response from you on  what you find out.

Admin1

Support team says they were able to walk you through how to send these images. Are you now able to send messages with images properly? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Mark did tell me how to do it but it involves a lot of steps that one should not have to perform every time you want to forward an e-mail with pictures in the body of the message..  Very-very disappointed in Comcast that they cannot do what a free e-mail program such as hotmail and yahoo can do. With yahoo and hotmail I can simply hit "forward" to the new recipients and everything goes thru just fine.  Why with Comcast do I need to click on the picture and hit "save" to documents and then start a new mail and attach it as an attachment to get it to go thru?  I would expect MUCH-MUCH-MUCH better product that what your overpriced, under performing  program delivers. No wonder there is so much grumbling about Comcast who claims to be a "top tier" provider and they are NOT.