Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

e-mail stopped working

New Poster

e-mail stopped working

e-mail stopped working after a power outage?  I am helping an elederly coupe who tell me their e-mail stoppped working after a power outage??  They tell me they cannot receive or send e-mails and the oly way an e-mail reaches them is if someone responds to an old e-mail, appranently someone trying to send them a new e-mail does not work.  I know it sound very strange, but that is what they are telling me.  I am going to their house today to see what I can see, but thought I would reach out as I really have no idea where to start with a problem like that?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: e-mail stopped working

The first thing I would do is power cycle the modem.  Shut off the modem for a few minutes, then power it up again, wait for the flashing lights to settle,then turn the PC on and allow it to boot up.

I would also clear the browser cache.  Check under Help to see which browser and version they are using.  If they use Internet Explorer, check and make sure that under Tools>Internet Options, Compatibility view is enabled.

If they use a different email program, such as Windows LivevMail, Gmail,etc. you need to make sure all settings are correct.

Post back if you need more help.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.