Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

e-mail receiving problem

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

e-mail receiving problem

A friend started to have a problem sending me an e-mail even though he has the correct address. His g-mail account will not send out my mail. It acts like it is blocked. I can send and he receives my mail but he can not send to me. Could I have blocked his address accidently? I am not even sure how you block an e-mail address. Any ideas what is the problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: e-mail receiving problem

Is your friend getting any kind of bounce or error message on the Gmail side when he tries to send to you?  In order for you to block someone, you would have to deliberately go into your account settings and set up a filter to do that.  To check, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings.  On the landing page under Mail you will see "Filter rules".  Click on that to see any filters you have enabled.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Is your friend getting any kind of bounce or error message on the Gmail side when he tries to send to you?  In order for you to block someone, you would have to deliberately go into your account settings and set up a filter to do that.  To check, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings.  On the landing page under Mail you will see "Filter rules".  Click on that to see any filters you have enabled.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Found that it was not my end blocking his message but some type of problem on his end. Now OK. thanks.

New Poster

I am also getting issues receiving email from my gmail account, and they were going through fine until very recently. I've sent from two different gmail accounts and neither one are receiving any kind of bounce or error message. They're just gone inbetween gmail and comcast. Help.

Email Expert

@selphie2 wrote:

I am also getting issues receiving email from my gmail account, and they were going through fine until very recently. I've sent from two different gmail accounts and neither one are receiving any kind of bounce or error message. They're just gone inbetween gmail and comcast. Help.

Did you check to see if they went into the Spam folder?  If not, call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation