Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

e-mail issues using Thunderbird since 7:00 PM Dec 22

New Poster

e-mail issues using Thunderbird since 7:00 PM Dec 22

I have not been able to send or receive e-mail using Thunderbird since Thurs evening.

Web interface works fine.

• With Thunderbird set up for POP3, we get a "STAT command did not complete..." when attempting to get new messages. Sending messages also fails with a similar message. 
  • This occurs on two different computers.
  • iPad set up as IMAP works fine.
  • I changed one computer from POP3 to IMAP and I can send messages.  Inbox is completely empty even though there are 30+ messages on the server.
    • I created a subfolders, TestNew, within Inbox through the web interface and moved some messages to this folder. 
    • The subfolder and messages within the subfolder show up in Thunderbird, but not the messages in Inbox
    • I have used all of Comcast's recommended settings.
  • I added my gmail to thunderbird and these messages show up, so this tells me that the issue is on Comcast end.  The fact that there are multiple messages on this forum starting on Dec 22 indicates that this is a Comcast problem. 

Helpful hint - The week before a major holiday is not the time to make even a minor change to an e-mail server servicing millions of clients.

How do I fix this? 

New Poster

Re: e-mail issues using Thunderbird since 7:00 PM Dec 22

e-mail started working about 3 PM yesterday.

Earlier yesterday, I tried using the "chat help" but kept getting 404 errors.  Shortly afterward, it appears that Comcast fixed the problem.