Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

does new XFINITY Connect webmail client really lack contextual menus?

Most Valued Poster

does new XFINITY Connect webmail client really lack contextual menus?

I was pushed over to the new webmail GUI on Wednesday.  I'm having issues at times with delayed responses (click a message and nothing happens, etc.) that others have described and the much more monochromatic theme takes some getting used to.  In general, though, it feels more spunky than the old web client.

Are contextual menus really gone or is there a way to re-enable them?  It didn't take long for me to miss the ability to right click a message and mark it as spam/read/unread or delete it.

I realized after my original post that contextual menus aren't completely missing.  They still work in the mailboxes pane, so I can right click to create a new mailbox, mark a mailbox as read, etc.  The contextual menus are missing from the message list pane.

Email Expert

Re: does new XFINITY Connect webmail client really lack contextual menus?

Right click does not work in the message list.  To mark something as read, or to delete it or whatever, you need to use the icons in the toolbar.  To mark as read or unread click on the "hamburger" icon at the right end.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

So I've gathered.  Why the change, though?  Why take away a useful feature such as this that is present in many (most?) other web-based email clients?  I realize you probably don't have any answers to these questions, Latoque.  It's just frustrating when useful features are removed from a "new and improved" version of software.

Email Expert

rardin wrote:

So I've gathered.  Why the change, though?  Why take away a useful feature such as this that is present in many (most?) other web-based email clients?  I realize you probably don't have any answers to these questions, Latoque.  It's just frustrating when useful features are removed from a "new and improved" version of software.

The thing is that the new format is a lot more mobile-friendly than the old one.  Also, it is from a different software vendor.  The old one is from Zimbra, and the new one is from Appsuite.  I don't know why that feature isn't in there, but I'm guessing it would be considered redundant since most features that were available by right-clicking are available by other means.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Redundant features are very common in GUIs. I'd say contextual menu features are almost always redundant, just more convenient. I'm not opposed to the new client being more mobile friendly, but does that require removal of useful features for desktop users? We've already covered the fact that the developers implemented contextual menu options in the mailboxes pane. Would retaining/adding them in the messages pane break a useful mobile feature? Given the change in single vs. double clicks in the messages pane, I guess it's possible. In any case, debating the loss of contextual menus in the messages pane here isn't going to have any impact, so I'll stop wasting my breath.