Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

deleting emails

New Poster

deleting emails

I have an iphone 4.  I used to be able to delete an email without it being deleted from my comcast email and viceversa.  Now when I delete on my desktop it deletes on phone, when I delete on phone it deletes on desktop.  There are a number of emails I want to save but I don't need them on my phone.  Why can't that still be done?  Do I have to download all to outlook now?

Thank you

Email Expert

Re: deleting emails

What you are describing is normal if the account is enabled both on the pc in a client and on the phone and both use IMAP.  You probably had one or the other using POP3 before.  With IMAP, if you want to store a local copy on the computer, you would need to put it in a folder that is not affected by IMAP.  I use Mac Mail on my desktop, and it has a section called "On My Mac".  Those folders have emails in them only on my machine.  I assume Outlook has something similar, although I've never used it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon