Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

deleting emails (Delete from all web devices)

Regular Visitor

deleting emails (Delete from all web devices)

When i delete an email from one device it keeps showing up on other computers. How do i delete from one and truly have it come off the server so it doesn't show up on all my devices.Basically I don't want to  have to keep deleting multiple times. 

Thank you

Rick

Silver Problem Solver

Re: deleting emails (Delete from all web devices)

You would either need to use the website to view your mail on all devices, or migrate your account to IMAP. POP3 does not have this capability.

Customer Expert

Re: deleting emails (Delete from all web devices)

You need to switch all of your email clients (programs accessing your email from different devices) to IMAP access. This can be complicated in some situations depending on what you have stored on the Comcast server and where you have old messages.

But it can be simple.

First, be sure you have a backup of all critical email.

Look at this article describing the IMAP settings for Comcast. But your email client may pick those up automatically.

The IMAP setting are:

Incoming server: imap.comcast.net
Outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net
Authentication ON

Incoming Port:  993 with SSL ON

Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL ON

To understand terminology and risks, skim through this article that describes how to migrate in a complicated situation. It says that Comcast does not have this feature, but that's because it is a February 2014 article. IMAP is now the default at Comcast.

I would not delete any email client account. I would just disable. So I would disable the POP accounts. Then create a new account in each email client that connects to the server using IMAP. Make sure no email client is removing the messages from the server when it reads them. But that seems to not be the default.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon