Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

deleting an external email account

Regular Visitor

deleting an external email account

I'm trying to set up an second email that is external to comcast/xfinity. I keep getting this error message, but absolutely no information on how to do what it asks. Is there a way to delete the file I started, and start over?xfinity.jpg

Email Expert

Re: deleting an external email account

Navigate back to the page where you created the account.  At the right end of the account do you see a trash can icon?  That feature has always been gamey in the old email format.  I've never gotten it to work right with any account except one Gmail account I have.  The new format is going to have the same ability to add eternal accounts, but we don't know when yet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: deleting an external email account

Latoque wrote: ... The new format is going to have the same ability to add eternal accounts, but we don't know when yet.

Open-Xchange "Appsuite" ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") v7.8.4-1.0.0-22 has it, see https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/apps/faq/index.html#importEmail.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation