Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

delete and read e-mail from Iphone & computer

New Poster

delete and read e-mail from Iphone & computer

if I read an email my phone it won't delete from my on-line account and when I delete or read an email from on-line it won't delete from my phone. any ideas? I asked Comcast a while ago and basically was told theats the way it is- can't be fixed- any ideas?

Email Expert

Re: delete and read e-mail from Iphone & computer

All you have to do is set the account up on both devices using the IMAP settings, which are found here-----------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

iOS now detects Comcast accounts as IMAP compatible by default.  So if you were to re-create the account on the phone it should set it up for you as IMAP.  It sounds like you are using POP3 at the moment.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm experiencing the opposite issue. Prior to setting up my husbands iphone (my prio) and my new iphone 6+, we could both view our comcast email from our iphones, delete and it would not delete from our primary comcast email in box. Now if we delete an email from either of our iphones, it deletes from all (the other's iphone as well as the primary comcast account in box). 

Is there a setting that allows individual iphone users to read and delete from their respective iphones without deleting from other iphones and primary comcast account?

Email Expert

If you had the phones set up using POP3 before, that's why you were able to delete a message on the phone yet have it remain on other devices or on the server.  In POP3 there is a setting that lets you tell it to leave a copy on the server.  But if you have set the phones up recently, iOS now detects Comcast accounts as IMAP compliant by default.  In IMAP everything is synced, so that if you do something to an email on one device it is reflected on any others with the same account enabled on  it.  So what you are describing is exactly what is supposed to happen.

If you want to revert to POP3, take a look at these screen shots for an iPhone 5-----------------

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Screenshots-of-iPhone-5-mail-settings/m...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon