Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

default address for sending & receiving email

New Poster

default address for sending & receiving email

How do I show my first and last names, not my email address or "Comcast," in email that I compose as well as in email that I respond to? In settings > additional settings > default sender address, the only available option is my email address. Thanks.

Service Expert

Re: default address for sending & receiving email

wrote:

How do I show my first and last names, not my email address or "Comcast," in email that I compose as well as in email that I respond to? In settings > additional settings > default sender address, the only available option is my email address. Thanks.

Settings ---> Account ---> click on Edit

You should be able to change your name there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: default address for sending & receiving email

That didn't work. When I compose or respond to email, I want my name, not Comcast or my email address to show in the From field. Brett, Customer Experience Advocate, gave me the following instructions and it worked. Happy camper.

When you click compose and you look at the from field, you should see a little down arrow after your name. From there you should see Hide Names or Show Names, and also Edit Names.  If it says Show Names, then you have your name hidden and clicking Show Names should show your display name. If it says Hide Names, then try clicking on the Edit Names and see if making changes there helps.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation