Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

dead space

New Poster

dead space

There is a huge space in the "dropdown" menu on the left (where one can select "Inbox", "Drafts", "Spam", etc) AND my emails on the right are cut off so I have to continually scroll to the right and left just to read it.  Why is this??  Can you help me minimize the "dead' space so I can view my email without all this scrolling?

Email Expert

Re: dead space

Presumably the space below your default folders is there to give you room for any folders you create yourself.  As far as the back and forth thing, one thing you can do when you have a message open is to click on the little arrowhead in the vertical separator between the message window and the ad pane to the right of the screen.  That will make the pane go away and open up some more reading area.

The other thing you can do is drag the left pane vertical separator between the message list and the left pane where the folders are.  Put your mouse arrow on the bar and click and hold----drag it back and forth to adjust the size of the message list and the left folder pane.  Like this---------------

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 8.53.44 AM.jpg

It may hesitate a bit but it can be moved.  You can do the same thing with the opposite vertical separator between the message list and the reading pane.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon