Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

criteria for sapm filter

Regular Visitor

criteria for sapm filter

I found where to turn a Spam Filter on, But I can't find where you set the criteria for filtering.  I want each Email sender to be checked against my Address Book.  If there is not a match, it should go to the Spam Folder.  I can check that folder and if there is a person I want to receive Email from, I can add them to my address book.  Incidently, for some reason Spam has increased dramatically.  I now get much more Spam than legitimate Email.

Have you noticed that every time you click on Contact Support, you get just redirected to another menu with questions you have already answered?

I never did find out how to get to a live person or how to Email to a support person.

RF / West Palm Beach, FL

Gold Problem Solver

Re: criteria for sapm filter

What you want to do cannot be done with spam filtering.

What yiu can do is create a SAFE LIST.  But be very careful, the way the Safe List works is it looks at all email addresses you have pit in thevSafe List.  ALL OTHER EMAILS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED.

YOU could also create email filters following these steps. the directions can be found here.

on the homepage, click on Support then type email filters in the search box.  This will bring up the directions.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.