Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

creating a new e mail address. Closing the current one

New Poster

creating a new e mail address. Closing the current one

I would like to cancel my current e mail address and open a new one.  How do I do that?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: creating a new e mail address. Closing the current one

Is there a reason WHY you want to delete your email address and create a new one?  Is it your PRIMARY Username/password?  Instead of deleting a PRIMARY Username, I highly suggest that instead, you leave for billing purposes,etc. and just create a second Username and password to use for everything else.  IF you delete your Primary Username, you will no longer have access to that Username at all... that includes any emails in it, contacts in your address book, and IF someone emails you to that old email address it will go back to them as User unknown.

To Create a Secondary Username:  Sign in with your PRIMARY Username and password

Click on MY Account at the top of the page

Clcik on Users &Settings tab

At the end of the row in the next window, click on ADD A USER.  A new window will open for you to create the Secondary Username and password.  Give THAT Secondary Username to all your contacts.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.