New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

covert comcast e mail folders to gmail.com

New Poster

covert comcast e mail folders to gmail.com

i have a lot of mail in comcast folders I want to shift it to gmail.com

how do I do it- easy to shift  address book, but not e mail and 1 at a time is a killer

Email Expert

Re: covert comcast e mail folders to gmail.com

The best thing to do is to enable both the Gmail and Comcast accounts in a desktop client like Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Live Mail or some other.  Make sure both are set up using IMAP.  Once both are in place, you can drag and drop folders or individual emails between the two accounts within the client interface.

Depending on which client you use, you have a lot of options as to moving folders, individual emails, or blocks of emails, from one folder to another and between accounts.  There are also a lot of other advantages to using a client over just webmail.  I use Mac Mail and I can move or copy emails to or from any place I want to.  I can move an email from one of my Comcast accounts and put it in my Yahoo or MSN account if I want to, etc.

Good clientls to download would be Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.  Depending on what OS you are running you may already have one on your computer like Windows Mail.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon