Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

copy & paste

New Poster

copy & paste

how does one easily copy & paste? I used to be able to copy and paste easily, in two simple steps with my mouse. Now with the new comcast e-mail format I copy like normal, but it is requiring me to use the keyboard "control & V" in order to paste what I'd selected to copy. This is utterly stupid! Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!

Problem Solver

Re: copy & paste

I am still able to copy/paste with my mouse.  Highlight the printed matter,click copy, and then paste   to the email.  Been doing that for years, never did learn the "control & V" keyboard method.  What are you trying to copy and paste?  

I'm using a desktop computer, keyboard and mouse setup.  

edited~4/5/18  ~8:20 am  ~    Is the mouse wired or battery operated?  

New Poster

Yep, I have always been able to copy and paste the "normal" way - with a mouse. No my mouse is not battery operated. This has only been a problem since comcast switched their e-mail format and took away the calendar. It doesn't matter what I'm copying & pasting - whether it is from a document I've created or from another e-mail, or from a Facebook post. The comcast e-mail won't let me do it the regular way. It demands that I use ctrl + V to paste. Very annoying.

Service Expert

@itsamiracle wrote:

Yep, I have always been able to copy and paste the "normal" way - with a mouse. No my mouse is not battery operated. This has only been a problem since comcast switched their e-mail format and took away the calendar. It doesn't matter what I'm copying & pasting - whether it is from a document I've created or from another e-mail, or from a Facebook post. The comcast e-mail won't let me do it the regular way. It demands that I use ctrl + V to paste. Very annoying.

What browser are you using?  There have been various issues with Chrome and the new email.  I'm using Firefox and I have had no problems with [right] copy and [right] paste.  However, I prefer using ctrl+V because to ME it's faster, but that's because I'm used to doing it that way. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation