Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

complaints on new email format

Regular Visitor

complaints on new email format

The new email format totally is horrible, is not geared to people who actually still use a desktop or laptop.....or work for a living.  Designed by and for children.

Email Expert

Re: complaints on new email format

You have options:

1) Enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail (Windows 10) or some other. That way you can access your account and don't have to look at the Comcast UI. There are a lot of other advantages using a client over only webmail anyway.

2) Set the account to auto-forward to some other, non-Comcast, account you have like Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, Mail.com or some other.

3) Some webmail providers now give you the ability to set up external accounts and use their interface. Notable examples would be Gmail, Outlook.com, and Mail.com. Comcast webmail now has this feature as well.

The new format is intended to be suited to mobile devices and still be usable in the desktop environment.  Other email providers have done the same thing.  The new format is very much like an iCloud or Outlook.com account in terms of ergonomics.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am paying for Comcast, I want them to appease my preferences,not going around them....Top dollar gets nothing.

Email Expert

You are paying for the high-speed cable internet connection.  That has always been the official position of Comcast.  They have provided you with the ability to have an email account with them.  It is up to you whether or not you choose to use that capability.  You are not required to use Comcast email or the Comcast webmail interface.  You have lots of options for email.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Kind of a specious argument.   Yes there are many email options but when you have had the same personal and business email address for over 20 years and it is how everyone gets in touch with you, it's a lot of trouble to change, that's why some people never deserted Yahoo.

Contributor

You don't have to change email addresses to use an email client via POP or IMAP.  Just pick one with an interface and features you like and point it at your existing email server(s).  Using webmail means your email interface will change whenever the people running the server feel like changing it.   (Actually all three of Latoque's options in the first response did not require changing your email address.)

If you're running a business, I'd also suggest getting your own domain and host.  My email address has been at my domain for 20 years even though my ISP has changed several times during that time.  (At least 2 of the ISPs I have used since that time no longer exist.) When I switched to Comcast, I didn't have to do anything about email.  My email client simply connected to the same email server as always. 

New Poster

I've been a Comcast customer for 30+ years and I HATE this new format, they should have left it alone.  I find the new

format, less friendly, no way easier, simpler or convienent to use under this new change.  I am 81 and will now have to

do what one man on here suggested, get my computer repairman out and find me another way to bypass Comcast in

order to continue using an email program.  Some Comcast "Genius??" just could not leave well enough alone, probably

got an award for messing with it and screwing it up.  At times I just get fed up with Comcast, not helpful with this new

format at all.  I was going to email you, but could not find an email address - at 81 I do NOT tweet or do facebook etc.,

the options you offered.   I know this won't change anything, but Comcast, you've made it less friendly and useable for

an awful lot of your customers, someone should be ashamed.

Richard E. Richards Arvada, Colo.

Service Expert

Another alternative for those that insist on using a residential account for business is GSuite.  Then you can just forward your comcast.net residential/business email to that account and slowly migrate those long time residential/business "customers" over to the new address.

If you don't like that option and you just have to have the old email back there is a desktop version of Zimbra mail. [This is NOT webmail.] The layout of any email client is probably not going to change much over time, although new options might become available for the client.

And, FWIW, Comcast didn't design this webmail software.  Comcast only contracted with OX App Suite to provide a web-based email for its customers.  And, it's been slowly rolled out to customers over the last two years or so.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation